+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What occupation or occupation do you plan to practice in Quebec?

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
While filling up the CSQ application form I came across "What occupation or occupation do you plan to practice in Quebec?".

I have done my bachelors of engineering in Information Technology and doing my masters in computer science. My experience letter says Software Engineer. I cannot find anything related to the computers in the drop-down list. The closest one that I can find is "Engineer".

What should I fill? Should I feel Engineer, or should I say that I am not going to practice a regulated trade in Quebec?

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
If you're in Quebec they might ask you to prove how you will be able to practice that profession. Thus they can demand that you apply to the Order of Engineers in Quebec which is a long process, most of the time requires additional courses, definitely requires exams and french proficiency.

Don't worry about experience letter that just gives you points for the duration of your work.

Personally I didnt put that I'm planning to practice a regulated profession even tho my bachelors is in engineering but you can ask other people for their opinions too.