+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What NOC matches Reporting Analysts?

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello
I have a job in a company that processes the payroll of other companies as well as handles their workforce data (time and attendance, talent acquisition, benefits all sort of things).
my role is a programmer (title is reporting analyst). It consists of using multiple softwares of our companies, code in them and pull reports in excel or notepad formats. So our softwares pull data from our servers for each of our clients. Reports can be complicated to program depending on what the client wants to see. I handle individual requests for reports/projects as well as participate in bigger projects where we have to create numerous reports for third parties like benefits providers.
so my role is all about programming in our companies’ softwares to pull data as well as translate specifications pdf files into direct programming specifications.
Our companies’ softwares are based off Crystal Reporting if you want to get an idea what they look like. They are user friendly but requires analytical skills, logic, programming background to operate and shape their outputs according to specifications.
I also validate outputs against data stored, troubleshoot discrepancies using deductive reasoning and programming.

Of course, I contact clients, peers and colleagues to determine specifications required by the clients in order to successfully pull the reports.
I manage my workload by assigning cases to other programmers or cooperate with them to meet projects deadlines.
I am very exhausted trying to match my job with any of the NOCs. For example, 2174 wouldn’t work I suppose because I am not coding in a computer language like C, python or whatever...am I right?
2171 and 2172 seem to be slightly different!

Please share your thought on this because I feel my job should fall in a NOC A (I couldn’t match it with a NOC C either... so is it possible that my job isn’t simply anywhere in the NOC distribution?! )
Hope to hear from someone.
Thank you

Last edited: