danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
Is it possible to visit canada for 4-6 months every year and stay employed while in canada?

I might need to do that for a few years (assuming I get PR)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:DHi, Why not?

If you are able to manage your living condition with any temporary job,accommodation, and other necessary utilities for short period, it would be possible. But how long this practice will be continued being a PR. Within 5 years you should stay for 730 days to keep your PR status valid. Of course you will have to face some inconveniences for frequent in and out stay, which will be realized in due course. If you have any relatives to support with accommodation and transportation, that would be some what easier.

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
wilson said:

If you are able to manage your living condition with any temporary job,accommodation, and other necessary utilities for short period, it would be possible. But how long this practice will be continued being a PR. Within 5 years you should stay for 730 days to keep your PR status valid. Of course you will have to face some inconveniences for frequent in and out stay, which will be realized in due course. If you have any relatives to support with accommodation and transportation, that would be some what easier.
Thanks wilson, that's a good idea,

regarding 730 days, I figured if one can make sure that he/she spends about 4 months and 26 days every year, he can keep his PR indefinitely without any problem.

regarding accommodation and travel, yes it would be great if i get to stay with a relative, otherwise it would be a problem of finding rental place just for a few months everytime i come

thereds

Sep 27, 2011
wilson said:

Assume that's 730 days in total for 5 years and not 730 consecutive days, right?

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
thereds said:
Assume that's 730 days in total for 5 years and not 730 consecutive days, right?
Yes, 730 days in total of 5 years..!!

Cheers..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thereds said:
Consecutive days stay is not mandatory. It is up to the individual.