+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What job or what profession do you plan to practice in Québec ?

Praveen edl

Nov 18, 2015
I work as a Software Engineer after my Bachelors degree in computer science and engineering.

For the question “Quel métier ou quelle profession envisagez-vous d'exercer au Québec?”(What job or what profession do you plan to practice in Québec ?), should I select “ingénieur“(engineer) as this answer or ignore ?. As per my understanding, the answer list for this questions are regulated occupations and these are regulated by government. Please clarify me

xxtreme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I did reply as Engineering as I am applying as an Engineer. Yes it is regulated profession.

maz1987

Jul 21, 2016
I guess Engineer should not be selected as software engineer is different than the other engineers. Only other engineers like civil engineer, electrical engineer needs to select that.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
You're trying to make your profile look good but be careful with that because you may be requested for more documents. when I did my file, I tell it how it was, plain and simple.

karansingh14

Jan 8, 2016
StevieFray said:
You're trying to make your profile look good but be careful with that because you may be requested for more documents. when I did my file, I tell it how it was, plain and simple.
Hi ,

My profession is 2173(Software Engineer) as per NOC .
Is it a regulated profession ?
So what should i put in the occupation in the application form in mon project ? (profession not in the list or ingénieur) ?

Please help its urgent

Thanks
Karan

Jeff Green

Oct 27, 2018
Hi ,

My profession is 2173(Software Engineer) as per NOC .
Is it a regulated profession ?
So what should i put in the occupation in the application form in mon project ? (profession not in the list or ingénieur) ?

Please help its urgent

Thanks
Karan

what did you select?

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I’m self employed entrepreneur my firm manufactures potatoes chips and other snacks with packaging and wholesale selling.
What noc I’m falling in??
Any ideas