+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is your level of education?

RameezLagadia

Feb 23, 2017
So i have completed my 2 years hotel management program in Canada and i did 10+2 back home which is high school i am 21 right now

my question is when i calculate my CRS scores in the level of education it says:

Enter the highest level of education for which you:
  • earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.
options:
1. none, or less
2.secondary diploma
3. two-year program at a university,college
which one should i select?
i have completed so i thought it should be two-year program at a university
just wanted to double check

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
What is the official name of the degree/diploma/certificate you completed, and what is the name of the school you completed it at? Did you complete the entire program in Canada?

RameezLagadia

Feb 23, 2017
What is the official name of the degree/diploma/certificate you completed, and what is the name of the school you completed it at? Did you complete the entire program in Canada?
I have completed hospitality- hotel operations management from centennial college for 2 years.
I finished by 12th in 2015 june
I came to canada in 2016 on study permit
Then I completed my 2 years diploma by 2018.

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I have completed hospitality- hotel operations management from centennial college for 2 years.
I finished by 12th in 2015 june
I came to canada in 2016 on study permit
Then I completed my 2 years diploma by 2018.
Does that mean you have two two-year diplomas, one of which was completed in Canada? If so, yes, you would choose the "two-year program at a college" option. That already gives you 91/98 points for education and an additional 15 points for it being from Canada, and you skip the ECA process.