+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is wrong with the London office?? Quebec-selected skilled worker. How long?

hejdaa

Dec 10, 2008
I wonder what is going on with the London Office.

Based on my Certificate of Selection from Quebec, I applied a month ago for a Permanent Resident visa. At the time I of my application, I missed some documents (two police certificates as well as a letter proving that I owe no child support).

I sent the missing documents two weeks later.

So far I have received no acknowledgment of either the application - nor the following missing documents, which were sent separately.

Anyone has an experiece with that office? They seem to take no calls. The switchboard secretary at the High Commission of Canada in London refused to forward my call to the Immigration Department. They do not seem to answer email messages either.

Strange... when I applied for a Certificate of Selection for Quebec, it took the Quebec delegation in Paris only a month to issue me the certificate!! Now all that the Canadian embassy in London is supposed to do is merely a routine statutory check. Why does it take so long?

Any idea?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hejdaa said:
I wonder what is going on with the London Office.

Based on my Certificate of Selection from Quebec, I applied a month ago for a Permanent Resident visa. At the time I of my application, I missed some documents (two police certificates as well as a letter proving that I owe no child support).

I sent the missing documents two weeks later.

So far I have received no acknowledgment of either the application - nor the following missing documents, which were sent separately.

Anyone has an experiece with that office? They seem to take no calls. The switchboard secretary at the High Commission of Canada in London refused to forward my call to the Immigration Department. They do not seem to answer email messages either.

Strange... when I applied for a Certificate of Selection for Quebec, it took the Quebec delegation in Paris only a month to issue me the certificate!! Now all that the Canadian embassy in London is supposed to do is merely a routine statutory check. Why does it take so long?

Any idea?
5-12 months process for Quebec applicants at London. They now do the same background and checks as anyother applicant. Since you didn't submit a complete application, and your application is within their processing time frames, they aren't going to reply to your queries.

PMM

hejdaa

Dec 10, 2008
Thank you for the helpful comment.

I am still surprised that it takes that long even to issue an AOR. I hope my application was received at all... who knows...

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request
january 2010
Med's Done....
12th january 2010
MY OWN CASE IS RATHER A VERY VERY SAD CASE. I ATTENDED THE SELECTION INTERVIEW FOR QUEBEC IN CAMEROUN SINCE JUNE 2008 BUT TILL TODAY I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE COMMENT FROM. I HAVE EQUALLY WRITTEN TO NO AVAIL . SO I AM JUST CONFUSED AND DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THIS IS ALREADY SIX MONTHS SINCE I ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW. CAN SOME ONE ADVISE PLEASE. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED

GOOD LUCK AND MY REGARDS TO YOU ALL

darekmc

Mar 24, 2009
Hi Hejdaa,

My apologies for asking this here.
I am currently living in London but I am thinking of applying for a CSQ. My main concern is my French. I am learning it and trying hard but I am afraid they would ask for a high level of proficiency.
Please, could you tell me about your experience for obtaining the CSQ in Paris? How long does the process take? Were you asked to attend an interview in Paris?
Thanks in advance for your support.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
alomansi said:
MY OWN CASE IS RATHER A VERY VERY SAD CASE. I ATTENDED THE SELECTION INTERVIEW FOR QUEBEC IN CAMEROUN SINCE JUNE 2008 BUT TILL TODAY I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE COMMENT FROM. I HAVE EQUALLY WRITTEN TO NO AVAIL . SO I AM JUST CONFUSED AND DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THIS IS ALREADY SIX MONTHS SINCE I ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW. CAN SOME ONE ADVISE PLEASE. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED

GOOD LUCK AND MY REGARDS TO YOU ALL
Try to contact the centre and find what's going on.

brook

Jun 30, 2009
Hi

I have applied for the Quebec selection certificate from the Paris office. Just would like to know what am I supposed to do in case I get it? I mean what documents do I need to submit to the London Office. And also in the mid-time can apply for my police certificate now (just save some time as soon as I maybe get my QSC)

Thanks for all your answers

flozzy

Jun 11, 2009
Hi Hedjaa and brook

I read about you applying for a Quebec Pr at the London office, have you heard from them since then?

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
Alomansy, what does your status read. London Office work at its own pace. If it's still within the time frame , no cause for alarm.

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request
january 2010
Med's Done....
12th january 2010
THANK GOD I FINALLY RECEIVED MY CSQ. I HAVE SENT THE VISA DOCUMENTS TO ABIDJAN AND IS CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THE AOR. I THANK ALL MEMBERS OF THE FORUM FOR CONTRIBUTING IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER TO MAKING THIS DREAM A REALITY

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request
january 2010
Med's Done....
12th january 2010
APPLYING FROM CAMEROON

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me how long it takes to have medical request after receiving CSQ.
Applying through London office

alomansi

Oct 9, 2008
CAMEROON
Category........
Visa Office......
abidjan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
september 2009
Med's Request