+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is this onlne application : Evidence of Work Requirement in Study

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
hi people, for those people who have submitted their application thru online, i would just like to ask something, im confused of what document should i upload to "Document: Evidence of Work Requirement in Study"? My institution only send a Letter of acceptance, refund policy and manuals but I did not received any other letter. what should i do?

aisha171

May 24, 2018
Does your program have co-op? If it has than you can upload either co-op letter or the curriculum from your program showing the co-op.

You should also be able to get co-op work permit once in canada so its not a big issue if you dont get it now. See https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/work/co-op-internship-work-permit they have some good info.
Thanks a lot :) I really appreciate it. Yes, my program does have co-op and its mandatory. Can I upload the acceptance letter since co-op is mentioned in it or should I email the university asking for a paper to prove co-op is a requirement.

and since I can get the co-op work permit once in Canada can I just ignore the question "is work an essential component of your studies?" because when answering 'yes' I'm then required to upload a proof.
Because I am afraid that co-op might lower the chances for me to get the visa.

Jeremiah20

Nov 26, 2018
I’m also facing the same requirement, my school does not offer a co-oo Permit , it’s a full time study though I can work, but there no documents as regards that from the school , how should I go about it ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
That question is for coop students only, if you have coop then it should be mentioned in one of your acceplance docs, upload that.
If you dont have coop it is not relevant to you.

nishantsp

May 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi,

I had the same question. Under the section that says "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required)", can I attach my Letter of Acceptance which states that "Work placement is essential, integral and <50% of the program"?

Also, do I need to apply for a work permit along with the study permit application on IRCC?

Thank you in advance!

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
If Co-op work is part of your program and is mandatory to complete your degree/certificate then college MUST have sent an additional letter (or added as an extra page) with your proof of acceptance letter. Go back and see if its there. If its not, then you will select "No" for Evidence of Work Requirement in Study. If it attached with the letter, then select "Yes" and online web application will add an additional field to upload that letter.

It is something like this:

Reactions: nishantsp

Sanika_19

May 18, 2021
Hey guyss !!

What if I have a SIP - Science Internship program which is optional but I want to do it later.
I also haven't received any additional letter with the acceptance letter like for co-op or anything cause my program doesn't have it.

Should I put NO in the "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study" section so I won't need to submit any doc. ( I don't have one that supports it either ).

Will it create any problems later saying I can't work later, since I mentioned WORK IS NOT PART OF MY STUDY in my study permit application?

Please help me out!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey guyss !!

What if I have a SIP - Science Internship program which is optional but I want to do it later.
I also haven't received any additional letter with the acceptance letter like for co-op or anything cause my program doesn't have it.

Should I put NO in the "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study" section so I won't need to submit any doc. ( I don't have one that supports it either ).

Will it create any problems later saying I can't work later, since I mentioned WORK IS NOT PART OF MY STUDY in my study permit application?

Please help me out!
If your school didn't give you a Co-op letter, or indicate that your program includes a co-op/work term, you should select NO. This will not stop you from working as per the 20 hour allowance afforded to full-time Intl students.

Sanika_19

May 18, 2021
If your school didn't give you a Co-op letter, or indicate that your program includes a co-op/work term, you should select NO. This will not stop you from working as per the 20 hour allowance afforded to full-time Intl students.
Thanks tons !! It really helped.

imeetchothani

Jul 8, 2019
What i need to do finally? should i uncheck the option and re submit the form or is there any way i can submit the form? pls answer.. urgent

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
What i need to do finally? should i uncheck the option and re submit the form or is there any way i can submit the form? pls answer.. urgent
You've asked a question without context. If you have a coop as a part of your program, then check the box that you have work requirement. If you don't then you don't need to check the box.