+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the second AOR ?

lovelydream

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hi,

I have heard of people talking about the second AOR ?

What does that mean ? and what's the second AOR for ?

I also heard that if I haven't received AOR, the VO will be ottawa, is that correct?

I'm inland fsw, app received more than 3 months ago and got IP 2 weeks ago.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovelydream said:
Hi,

I have heard of people talking about the second AOR ?

What does that mean ? and what's the second AOR for ?

I also heard that if I haven't received AOR, the VO will be ottawa, is that correct?

I'm inland fsw, app received more than 3 months ago and got IP 2 weeks ago.
The second AOR is a semi-mythical document that, like a unicorn, has only been seen by a few people. It is allegedly sent at the point that the old system sent out an "approval in principle", a document that meant your application had been deemed complete and eligible for the program you applied for, but that it had not yet been combed through for inconsistencies, and you had not yet been evaluated for inadmissibility on things like criminal/health reports or finances. The importance of it was (and is) that it allowed those still in Canada whose old statuses had expired to remain and work until a final decision under a "bridging open work permit" (BOWP).

On the CIC website, it says that only these second AORS make you eligible for a BOWP, but people have reported getting BOWPs under just the first, automatic, AOR, and others have been refused. Some people have got this second AOR shortly before getting PR, most never get it. To put it mildly, it's not working really well!

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
dobes said:
The second AOR is a semi-mythical document that, like a unicorn, has only been seen by a few people. It is allegedly sent at the point that the old system sent out an "approval in principle", a document that meant your application had been deemed complete and eligible for the program you applied for, but that it had not yet been combed through for inconsistencies, and you had not yet been evaluated for inadmissibility on things like criminal/health reports or finances. The importance of it was (and is) that it allowed those still in Canada whose old statuses had expired to remain and work until a final decision under a "bridging open work permit" (BOWP).

On the CIC website, it says that only these second AORS make you eligible for a BOWP, but people have reported getting BOWPs under just the first, automatic, AOR, and others have been refused. Some people have got this second AOR shortly before getting PR, most never get it. To put it mildly, it's not working really well!
haha! your choice of words. "semi-mythical", "unicorn"

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the "semi-mythical unicorn" on the 20th of August.

I only hope and pray it is a precursor to good news.

Application sent 7th August

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs Aj said:

It certainly means they feel your application is complete and appears to be eligible, and that has to be good news!

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Mrs Aj said:

Congrats

By the way what category was ur medical done under

Tunsba

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/15
Doc's Request.
05/10/15
AOR Received.
23/09/15
Passport Req..
23/02/2016
LANDED..........
Hi Mrs AJ

I see you are from Nigeria. Pls i just got ITA in the last draw and i am gathering all necessary documents to submit. Please where did you get your medicals done?

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tunsba said:
Hi Mrs AJ

I see you are from Nigeria. Pls i just got ITA in the last draw and i am gathering all necessary documents to submit. Please where did you get your medicals done?
COngratulations, I did mine at Qlife Hospital