+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the risk involved in travelleing outside Canada before receiving PR Card

upr

Aug 4, 2012
As per new laws-PR Card for me is applied automatically at the Airport
I landed at Pearson Int. Airport on 19th July, 2012 and PR card applied automatically.

I travelled outside Canada after 9 days.

Supplementary Application Form with specific size of photos were already submitted at the time of issuance of Immigrant visa.

What are the risks involved if a person travelled out of Canada before receiving PR card?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
There are no risks - you are already a landed immigrant. To return, you have to apply for a travel document from the Canadian visa office in the country you are residing. This will allow you to enter Canada.

upr

Aug 4, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
There are no risks - you are already a landed immigrant. To return, you have to apply for a travel document from the Canadian visa office in the country you are residing. This will allow you to enter Canada.
Thanks for the reply.

Is there any chance that the CIC calls us for photos which they did not take from me at the airport. I remeber that they were provided with two photos for each of us with 'Supplementary Updated Information Form'.

In that case I and my family members are not present in Canada?.

Also please can you tell me that is it illegal to send the PR card by courier outside Canada?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your photographs are with exact specification no need to provide photos again.
In case photos are again required you can mail it accordingly.

There is no restriction for sending PR cards by mail or courier. If you are leaving Canada before getting PR Card, you can arrange some one to send it to you by courier, which would be safe.