+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the processing time for the PR through Quebec skilled worker

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I have just applied for the PR through Quebec Skilled Worker and I am confused about the processing time here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

It says it is 15 to 17 months if "I haven’t applied yet"

and

22 months if "I already applied"

Which one is it then?!!
None of them.
Those who applied in early 2018, some of them have got PR, many waiting still.
Those who applied in mid 2019 (July onwards) are yet to get an acknowledgement.
My gut feeling is between 32-48 months (maybe more, Just guessing) for future applicants.

bahaaradi

Apr 25, 2015
None of them.
Those who applied in early 2018, some of them have got PR, many waiting still.
Those who applied in mid 2019 (July onwards) are yet to get an acknowledgement.
My gut feeling is between 32-48 months (maybe more, Just guessing) for future applicants.
Thank you for your reply! I am considering withdrawing my application and applying through the Canadain experience class (after I have one year of Canadain experience) or through family sponsorship (my wife is Canadian). Any thoughts about this? will there be any restriction on my movement if I do family sponsorship?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I have just applied for the PR through Quebec Skilled Worker and I am confused about the processing time here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

It says it is 15 to 17 months if "I haven’t applied yet"

and

22 months if "I already applied"

Which one is it then?!!
The average period was 22 months till last week but increased to 25 months this week. The average processing time will increase more due to pandemic. It refers to the time period from application filed to decision made period. Some lucky applicant gets decision made within 12 months and some application takes around 40 months’ time so the average time period is around 22 to 25 months period.