+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the official definition of "accredited translator"?

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
"If a certificate is not in English or French,submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator."

Does anyone know what the official definition of "accredited translator" is? Does it have to be accredited by Canadian authority or home country's authority? What kind of authority it must be? Thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liherb said:
"If a certificate is not in English or French,submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator."

Does anyone know what the official definition of "accredited translator" is? Does it have to be accredited by Canadian authority or home country's authority? What kind of authority it must be? Thanks.
Accredited means = officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence; in other words Licensed from the Government of the country where he is practicing. CIC accepts a translation done by a licensed ( accredited ) translator of any country from where the applicant obtains a document or submits a document.

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
wilson said:
Accredited means = officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence; in other words Licensed from the Government of the country where he is practicing. CIC accepts a translation done by a licensed ( accredited ) translator of any country from where the applicant obtains a document or submits a document.
However in my home country, there is no license for translator, or maybe 1000 different licenses, if you want to make one for yourself. In that case can I ask my previous employer's translator do that for me, with affidavit and a company seal on it?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, ofcourse it will work. The sense behind the licence or accreditation is that the Translator should be qualified to do the job perfectly.Once the translation is certified or attested with the company seal it would be fine.

zainzain

Oct 11, 2010
Does Foreign language Teacher in University can translate the Doc. Will they accept his translation as he is professional?