+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the meaning of RETURN BY REGISTERED MAIL?

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
HI, I received a letter from the embassy of canada in paris that they are ready to issue our visas, but I was confused about the meaning of RETURN BY REGISTERED MAIL... what does it means? do i need to send them an extra enveloped with my self address? or they are the one to provided them and pay for the registered mail?

thanks in advance.

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
Congrats.....,! They will returned your passport/document by registered mail, you need to be there and sign when they delivered your documents at your address.. Can I ask something.... What did you apply? Where is your visa office? How many months you waited for your visa?

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
dallshat said:
Congrats.....,! They will returned your passport/document by registered mail, you need to be there and sign when they delivered your documents at your address.. Can I ask something.... What did you apply? Where is your visa office? How many months you waited for your visa?
thanks! we apply for a permanent resident (sponsored by my husband), and our visa office is in paris. the cic said that we dont need a visa because were a citizen of europe that id why they only give us a document of confirmation of permanent visa.

Nizana

Nov 8, 2011
I never got an email or anything to notify me about the decision made, just a registered mail with my COPR out of the blue.. anyhow, I didn't have to pay for it, I assume it's paid for by the hefty charge for applying?