+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the entry point from usa to Vancouver.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Dear friends,kindly guide me how can we enter via car from usa (Washington) to Vancouver.Thanks in advance.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Dear friends,kindly guide me how can we enter via car from usa (Washington) to Vancouver.Thanks in advance.
How to go to Vancouver?

You drive across the border.. but I guess that is not the answer you are looking for.
We need more details.. what is the purpose of going north? For how long? Etc etc

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
google:
To travel from Western Washington into British Columbia, Canada, four border crossings are available:
  • Peace Arch Crossing, Blaine, WA. ...
  • Truck Crossing, Blaine, WA. ...
  • Lynden, WA/Aldergrove, B.C. Crossing. ...
  • Sumas, WA/Abbotsford, B.C. Crossing.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your reply.. actually our pr cards have expired since2015,,I understand that the only chance I can take is entry through land border via usa..which I am not sure is possible during such unprecedented times.Hence I am planning to go to Canada and if I am reported which I feel will be inevitable,I will have a time of around 1 to 2 years of stay there.just want to try my luck last time .kindly share your views on this.Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you have proof on why you cannot come back to Canada and fill your RO? Any strong H&C reason to be considered?
If you expect to be reported, what do you plan to do while waiting for appeal? You likely will not have healtcare coverage. Likely no driver's license.
Not sure if you already have a valid SIN (that will determine if you can work or not).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
google:
To travel from Western Washington into British Columbia, Canada, four border crossings are available:
Also Point Roberts WA / Tsawwassen, B.C

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but you cannot drive from other part of Washington state to Point Roberts. Point Roberts is disconnected from the rest of WA.

But you are correct that is a crossing from WA, US to BC Canada.
Also you can drive directly from WA to Osoyoos, BC.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Do you have proof on why you cannot come back to Canada and fill your RO? Any strong H&C reason to be considered?
If you expect to be reported, what do you plan to do while waiting for appeal? You likely will not have healtcare coverage. Likely no driver's license.
Not sure if you already have a valid SIN (that will determine if you can work or not).
Hi thanks for your reply.. I couldn't fulfill my Ro due to my parents health in my home country.Then I came to canada again through border but again had to go back since my parents health deteriorated here and the concerned doctor told me that the treatment can be done Only in home country as the health card of my parents had expired here.
Now from what I have learnt from experience of PPL here that if reported then the pr card can be renewed and other cards too can be renewed on the basis of pr card.so may be I can find a job here till I the time appeal is heard . Though the chances of winning against the appeal are remote but may be I may still have a chance.

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
google:
Thank you so much for your reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi thanks for your reply.. I couldn't fulfill my Ro due to my parents health in my home country.Then I came to canada again through border but again had to go back since my parents health deteriorated here and the concerned doctor told me that the treatment can be done Only in home country as the health card of my parents had expired here.
Now from what I have learnt from experience of PPL here that if reported then the pr card can be renewed and other cards too can be renewed on the basis of pr card.so may be I can find a job here till I the time appeal is heard . Though the chances of winning against the appeal are remote but may be I may still have a chance.
You are confusing information. If you have been approved for PRTD based on H&C then you can renew your PR card and then renew other cards. If you are either reported at the border or not reported you can’t renew your PR card.

You will need to provide proof that no other family member could care for your parents and that the treatment was so involved or their health situation was so debilitating that you had to remain there throughout the period. Proof of hospitalizations, treatments, that you returned as soon as possible, etc.

You also can’t sponsor anyone until you are compliant with your RO so you’ll be separated from your child for around 2.5-3 years if you enter and are unreported.

Last edited:
Reactions: rose_20

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sounds like you were lucky last time when you eneter without fullfilling your RO last time and wasn't reported.
And you left again.... So if you enter vai the US land crossing, you could be reported or not.

If you are reported, then you CANNOT renew your PR card. And while you are waiting for the appeal, your time spent in Canada do not count for the RO time. I am not sure about work (if you have a valid SIN then I think you could but if you do not have one, I do not think you can apply for it without a valid PR card nor a recently landed COPR).

rose_20

Jun 8, 2012
Sounds like you were lucky last time when you eneter without fullfilling your RO last time and wasn't reported.
And you left again.... So if you enter vai the US land crossing, you could be reported or not.

If you are reported, then you CANNOT renew your PR card. And while you are waiting for the appeal, your time spent in Canada do not count for the RO time. I am not sure about work (if you have a valid SIN then I think you could but if you do not have one, I do not think you can apply for it without a valid PR card nor a recently landed COPR).
Thank you so much for your reply.I was under the impression that if a person is reported at the border then he can renew his pr card for one year..I don't know where I read it.But now I understand that it can't be renewed.Kindly share the process after being reported at the border.How does a person survive without pr card,sin card and health card till the time appeal is heard.Thanks n regards.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply.I was under the impression that if a person is reported at the border then he can renew his pr card for one year..I don't know where I read it.But now I understand that it can't be renewed.Kindly share the process after being reported at the border.How does a person survive without pr card,sin card and health card till the time appeal is heard.Thanks n regards.
So I read up about the 1year temp PR card. That seems to be issued to ppl who are waiting for the appeal. But the time spent during the wait with that 1 year PR card will not count towards your RO.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/minister-delegate-and-1-yr-pr-card.526081/