June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
could someone please tell me what the difference is between these two forms?

BSF186 Personal Effects Accounting Document
BSF186A Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
taniam00 said:
could someone please tell me what the difference is between these two forms?

BSF186 Personal Effects Accounting Document
BSF186A Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)
Hi there, the BSF168A is basically an extension of BSF186 e.g. if you don't have enough space for all your goods on BSF186 then put them on BSF186A

You should use one set of forms for the goods you have with you (in your suitcase/s) and one set of forms for the goods to follow (shipping etc)

My additional bit of advice is to make a copy of each for your records.

Hope that helps

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
COPRQuestion said:
Hi there, the BSF168A is basically an extension of BSF186 e.g. if you don't have enough space for all your goods on BSF186 then put them on BSF186A

You should use one set of forms for the goods you have with you (in your suitcase/s) and one set of forms for the goods to follow (shipping etc)

Hope that helps
oh thanks!! makes sense!

another question for you. not sure if you will be able to answer. my husband is the one migrating. i am a canadian citizen. My husband and i will be travelling together. since he is coming to canada for the first time he will need a list of personal effects.. I have some jewellery that i want to bring (from our wedding a year ago) which i didnt have a chance to bring. I only have an allowance of 800 dollars of items. i believe my jewellery crosses that allowance. Do you think i can include in my husbands personal effects some of the remaining jewellery? would they question him about that as he is a male and "normally" males would have jewellery?? what do you think?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
taniam00 said:
oh thanks!! makes sense!

another question for you. not sure if you will be able to answer. my husband is the one migrating. i am a canadian citizen. My husband and i will be travelling together. since he is coming to canada for the first time he will need a list of personal effects.. I have some jewellery that i want to bring (from our wedding a year ago) which i didnt have a chance to bring. I only have an allowance of 800 dollars of items. i believe my jewellery crosses that allowance. Do you think i can include in my husbands personal effects some of the remaining jewellery? would they question him about that as he is a male and "normally" males would have jewellery?? what do you think?
Haha funny you ask this question and I'll explain why.

Firstly though are you relocating back to Canada as well or have you always been there and just your partner coming. If you've been out of Canada for a certain amount of time then you also have an allowance to utilise similar to that of a new immigrant.

The reason I laugh is because we are facing this exact same dilemma, however, my wife has been out of Canada for over 5 years so she has a tax free allowance to move back so we should be ok.

I'd love to say that as a married couple you're counted as one therefore it doesn't make a difference who claims them but I'm afraid I really don't know.

Our plan to just to bring the jewellery and receipts of when they were bought to show it was ages ago.

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019

Hope that helps
I thought 186 is for goods with you and A for goods to follow?

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019

Hope that helps
Moreover, do I need to do put in on excel as well, mentioning the quantity and breaking down the items??

Thanks.