+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best time of the year for job openings in Canada?

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hi All,
I have received my PR, did the landing and am back in my current country. I am waiting to find a good job opportunity in Canada so that I can move there ASAP. I have been trying for some time but no success yet.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before in other threads, but I couldnt find anything when I did a cursory search on the forum:
What is the best time of the year to land a job in Canada? Especially in IT sector?

From my experience in the US, usually the best time of the year is to look for a job is from April to August. This is because the budgets have been freshly allocated and companies are ready to invest in new resources, the possibility of which goes down towards the end of the financial year.
Can anyone help me with information on similar lines for Canada?

Appreciate your inputs guys!

Reactions: WoundedTiger

Shashankgupta

Jun 17, 2017
Hello,can you help me with few queries
I am also planning to come back to my current country after getting pr card in case i dont get job in a month or so..as i dont wanna leave my job here.

After landing in how many days do we receive our pr card?
Also, since i am planning to go alone after getting an ita and later would call my family there,is it ok to apply pr card for family later or its mandatory to take your family along with u after receiving an ita.

Do we need the rent agreement or something to apply for pr card? As i was planning to stay at my friend's house for sometime.

After getting a pr card,if i dont get job there, i am planning to come back and find options from india to get job. Is it mandatory to stay for some no of days or years in canada out of 5 years.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
You can get PR card in 2 months time normally.

No need to stay in Canada and waiting for PR. You can give address of your friend and he can send you the PR card later and you can leave to your country. Same thing for your family as well. Out of 5 years you have to stay two years in Canada.Or in other words after getting your PR , you can stay three years outside the Canada and then you have to go back to Canada.

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hello,can you help me with few queries
I am also planning to come back to my current country after getting pr card in case i dont get job in a month or so..as i dont wanna leave my job here.

After landing in how many days do we receive our pr card?
Also, since i am planning to go alone after getting an ita and later would call my family there,is it ok to apply pr card for family later or its mandatory to take your family along with u after receiving an ita.

Do we need the rent agreement or something to apply for pr card? As i was planning to stay at my friend's house for sometime.

After getting a pr card,if i dont get job there, i am planning to come back and find options from india to get job. Is it mandatory to stay for some no of days or years in canada out of 5 years.
As far as looking for jobs is concerned, based on the information I have so far, it looks like being physically present in Canada is the best option since here a face to face interview is preferred over a phone/skype interview.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Hi All,
I have received my PR, did the landing and am back in my current country. I am waiting to find a good job opportunity in Canada so that I can move there ASAP. I have been trying for some time but no success yet.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before in other threads, but I couldnt find anything when I did a cursory search on the forum:
What is the best time of the year to land a job in Canada? Especially in IT sector?

From my experience in the US, usually the best time of the year is to look for a job is from April to August. This is because the budgets have been freshly allocated and companies are ready to invest in new resources, the possibility of which goes down towards the end of the financial year.
Can anyone help me with information on similar lines for Canada?

Appreciate your inputs guys!
IT jobs are very competitive. Skype/Phone interviews are very rare. Canadian employer like to test your personality and compatibility along with technical skills, even if it is a contract job. Better to approach agencies like Ranstand, Modis, Robert Half, etc. Direct applying on employer's website (banks, etc) may generally not result in interview. Referral system is still strong in Canada unless like USA.

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
IT jobs are very competitive. Skype/Phone interviews are very rare. Canadian employer like to test your personality and compatibility along with technical skills, even if it is a contract job. Better to approach agencies like Ranstand, Modis, Robert Half, etc. Direct applying on employer's website (banks, etc) may generally not result in interview. Referral system is still strong in Canada unless like USA.
Agree sapguru, I got similar inputs from other sources too. So it seems that moving to Canada is the best option since one can be physically present for face to face interviews.

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
I would request you all to join pre arrival services like CanPrep who actually mentor you and direct you to find a job. Also being in home country cannot land you a job in canada.

Reactions: yodheydhara