Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
i'm due to come out on a visit and i have a feeling i'm going to be very grilled and taken to the 2nd immigration for questions due to my frequent travelling and staying in canada visiting my boyfriend.

i've stayed for 2 months on my last visit and i'm coming back 3 weeks later to stay for 3 - that's what i think will trigger that they think i'm working illegally or something like that!

so to make sure to have all i need to make sure i got proof of ties to
where i live - what is the best thing to bring?

i don't work so i won't be able to show a letter from an employer unfortunately.

hope you can help me out!

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Best thing would be a letter from school or employer showing you are working or currently enrolled, if you own any property show that, show bank accounts, rental or lease agreements, if you have close relatives show that their remaining behind in the country. Those would all be pretty good things. Also bring a return ticket, and funds which prove you can support yourself, also travel health insurance is really good to have!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
my funds will be in a Danish currency would that matter?
i don't work so i can't show that.. and I'm not enrolled in school either so what alternatives do i have to proof return to my home country?

thanks for your reply!

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
You're welcome.

May I ask if you are a Danish citizen? If so, I don't think you would likely get any difficulty, as Denmark is a stable and highly developed country. Danish citizens are allowed to stay up to 180 days(6 months) visa free. Just be honest about your intentions, just tell them what you are here to do, visit a friend etc..they only flag people who appear to be nervous and act like their trying to hide something. Don't lie, be honest and open.

Showing Danish money will be fine since you can get it converted at a bank, also show them any credit cards (if you have any).

I think you're fine as long as you are a Danish citizen and have
1)Decent amount of money to support yourself for 3 months
2)Return ticket
3)Some kind of travel health insurance
4)If you have an invitation letter you can show that too, get it from a friend, relative etc..
5)Bring a bank account statement, showing you have a bank account at home.

Don't worry, you should be fine and I hope you enjoy your stay in Canada. Personally I think you will be stamped and let through, I don't think Danish citizens are really of concern to immigration Canada, probably the most low risk people. ;D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Yup i'm a Dane :)

Thank you ever so much for your advice.
i'm trying to gather all that all i need now is my
travel insurance and yeah i'm always being honest with
the IOs when they ask me.. but i'm always nervous
because i don't wanna be turned away you know.

but once again thank you so much these are
the things i need to hear :)

Woman_USA_to_Canada

May 7, 2009
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
24-Apr-2011
LANDED..........
16-May-2012
I would suggest you read the information at this link http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html

If you do not own property, do not have a job, do not attend school, and have no strong ties to your home nation, it is unlikely you will be able to satisfy to the border officer that you can support your stay here in Canada financially nor that you will return to your home nation after your visit. There is always a chance you will slide through unnoticed, however, with the increasing security checks at the border, it is becoming less and less likely that people are sliding in under the radar of regulations.

I agree the following are wise things to have:
1)Decent amount of money to support yourself for 3 months
2)Return ticket
3)Some kind of travel health insurance
4)If you have an invitation letter you can show that too, get it from a friend, relative etc..
5)Bring a bank account statement, showing you have a bank account at home.
Please keep in mind that admission into Canada is not guaranteed just because you have these things. It is all up to the interpretation of the officer on duty that day. Honesty and transparency are always best. Good luck!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
thanks for the luck i certainly needed that. i barely got through a 2nd and more detailed AND concerned interview with an officer.. He was being nice and i obviously told him what exactly i was intending to and he understood me BUT gave me limited stay only purposed for my trip.. just a little un nerving but i totally understand why. now i only need to get my working holiday visa and hopefully do a flagpole without further trouble.. bit frustrated about it all but i'm hoping for the best.