+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best place to migrate in Canada?

--ariana--

Nov 26, 2017
Hi guys

I am new here and expecting my ITA to come soon. Have a CRS of 449. I wanna know which is the best city in Canada, where I should move? I was thinking of moving to Vancouver, but I am not sure about job opportunities there. I am from advertising and PR background, willing to join at a beginner's level job.

Any suggestions?

Also, will I be able to get a job directly, or would I have to do a course first?

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys

I am new here and expecting my ITA to come soon. Have a CRS of 449. I wanna know which is the best city in Canada, where I should move? I was thinking of moving to Vancouver, but I am not sure about job opportunities there. I am from advertising and PR background, willing to join at a beginner's level job.

Any suggestions?

Also, will I be able to get a job directly, or would I have to do a course first?
The best place is the one you think fits you best.
For me, it is Montreal, for my brother it is Toronto.
TBH, there is no 'right' answer to your question.

You should be able to get a job in your field, no matter where you move in to.

--ariana--

Nov 26, 2017
The best place is the one you think fits you best.
For me, it is Montreal, for my brother it is Toronto.
TBH, there is no 'right' answer to your question.

You should be able to get a job in your field, no matter where you move in to.
Thank you so much. Some people told me that I might have to do odd jobs, and that Vancouver might be a bit too expensive. That's why I was confused. I don't wanna migrate there to become a waitress or something. No offense to anyone though

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply. Will definitely do once I receive my Visa. Do these sites really help? Do the employers accept people who have not landed in Canada yet?
from what i heard, job search is rarely successful unless you are in canada first.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you so much. Some people told me that I might have to do odd jobs, and that Vancouver might be a bit too expensive. That's why I was confused. I don't wanna migrate there to become a waitress or something. No offense to anyone though
not to burst your bubble but you may end up having to do odd jobs to survive while you start working. it may take a while to find a good job, you may be one of the lucky ones or you may not. Unless you have a good cushion of savings you rely on I wouldn't leave anything off of the table. Moving is a big step. I mean let's be real, you are not going to the land of milk and honey and receive job offers at every turn. Just like anywhere else there are difficulties in the job market. You can start by building your profile on online job sites and start putting your name out there. You may end up being successful but a lot of employers require canadian experience, if you don't have it you'll find it harder to get a job.
I guess it all depends on what sacrifices you are willing to do if you move and how you imagine your life. No one else can tell you that.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from what i heard, job search is rarely successful unless you are in canada first.
That is quite true... However, job search will help you find out which city/province has higher demand for your skillset. It will give you an idea of a city where chances of you having to take up "odd jobs" is lower!! :) ... Other than that pretty much all major cities offer high standard of living. Rest depends on your preferences.

--ariana--

Nov 26, 2017
That is quite true... However, job search will help you find out which city/province has higher demand for your skillset. It will give you an idea of a city where chances of you having to take up "odd jobs" is lower!! :) ... Other than that pretty much all major cities offer high standard of living. Rest depends on your preferences.
Thank you dear. I will definitely check the websites before landing in Canada. Will start doing the research right away :)

--ariana--

Nov 26, 2017
not to burst your bubble but you may end up having to do odd jobs to survive while you start working. it may take a while to find a good job, you may be one of the lucky ones or you may not. Unless you have a good cushion of savings you rely on I wouldn't leave anything off of the table. Moving is a big step. I mean let's be real, you are not going to the land of milk and honey and receive job offers at every turn. Just like anywhere else there are difficulties in the job market. You can start by building your profile on online job sites and start putting your name out there. You may end up being successful but a lot of employers require canadian experience, if you don't have it you'll find it harder to get a job.
I guess it all depends on what sacrifices you are willing to do if you move and how you imagine your life. No one else can tell you that.
Hi dear. I am willing to struggle for sometime and also to do some odd jobs in the beginning. But I would want to progress to something more useful after that. But I'm more concerned if employers would be willing to hire someone who changed their field from doing some odd job, say at a restaurant, to something more office based.

Also, have you landed in Canada? How has been your experience? Would love to know about it. Thanks for replying

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi dear. I am willing to struggle for sometime and also to do some odd jobs in the beginning. But I would want to progress to something more useful after that. But I'm more concerned if employers would be willing to hire someone who changed their field from doing some odd job, say at a restaurant, to something more office based.

Also, have you landed in Canada? How has been your experience? Would love to know about it. Thanks for replying
not yet but plenty of people I know and on this forum did the odd job after landing while waiting for their actual job search to come through. you will already have canadian experience even if you just work as a cashier i guess. we all have to start somewhere. you wouldn't be the first to do so.

Reactions: --ariana--