+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the Best Option for PRs who wish to Help Get Their Spouses Tourist Visas Prior to Sponsoring

akuma2900

Jan 15, 2018
I have a topic that has been frustrating me quite a lot. Last year I wrote an invitation letter for my wife so that she could spend some time in Canada with me via a tourist visa. I admit that the error I made naively was that I did it while both of us were still in my home country. I helped her fill out her application for a tourist visa but the Canadian Consular Office in Senegal which processes all applications from Africa refused to give her a visa under the belief that they didn't think she would return to our country if she traveled. She also sent in her application at a time when she didn't have a job (the company she used to work for closed down) and therefore I was the sole provider and financer of everything. Even at this point she still is in the process of hopefully getting a new job. I had hoped that I could travel with her to Canada this summer for our honeymoon but I don't know what option to take and the last experience we had with the Canadian Consular Office in Senegal was very negative and they tend in general to be very difficult.

Are there any easier options for permanent residents' spouses with regards to obtaining temporary visas for Canada?