+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the "best foot forward" when needing TRV during PR app process?

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
My wife and I are considering applying for a TRV for her while we wait for her PR Visa. I understand that alot of people are refused based on the known intention of the applicant for TRV that they want to stay in Canada permanently.
I'm wondering what "weight" I can find to make them really consider giving this TRV. My wife and I are not looking forward to spending so much time away from each other. YES, we have skype - this is nice but it's NOT what we REALLY need.
WHAT can I do as her husband to add weight to this request? I am willing to go to the ends of the earth and put myself on the line so as to satisfy the officer that it's safe for her to wait here in Canada with me and that she will leave if her PR Visa is denied.

I will volunteer that I'll go to jail if there's a problem. We're confident she will get the VISA eventually, so, if she doesn't need an interview(God-willing) and if we need to extend the TRV while she would be here in Canada, we would extend it.
PLEASE, there's got to be a bunch of people who have tried and are trying this way of being together while waiting for PR visa. My VO is Kiev, Ukraine.

glassfishct

Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
File Transfer...
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
I did it, and received TRV. I provided documents to convince them that I would not stay in Canada and I have strong ties to US. Documents included US job offer, pay stubs, home insurance, car registration, etc.

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
My wife only has family ties to her country, really. Her parents are there and friends. But she volunteers in a ministry for work. So, the visa officer may deem the situation to be risky. I'm wondering what I can do to put myself on the line as insurance that if something happens, I'll take responsibility. Fines, jail time, whatever. Anybody approached an MP about this type of thing?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They are more concerned with the applicant's ties to his or her country. So your wife has to submit proof she will leave Canada. Without a job, this is difficult. However, some forum members have managed to get a TRV after submitting the application for a PR visa: they included proof they applied for a PR visa, and a letter stating they did not want to jeopardize their PR visa, so would be certain to follow the rules for the TRV.

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
I'm freshly back from my visit to her. I am not interested in spending time without her I want a normal married life next to my wife. Thanks for the suggestions about post-sponsorship approval for trv filing. I think it may have a shot. Only complication is if she may need an interview back in Ukraine. We would have to pray hard that the interview would be waived.