+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is subsection 44(1)

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
I was landed as an immigrant but on that day immigration officer has issued a report under subsection 44(1) against me Because my husband had withdrawal his sponsorship before my landing and I had no information of this. but I became PR on that day so can I apply for PR Card?

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Unfortunately I can't tell you a lot.
I'm just wondering how you still became a PR even though your sponsor withdrew the application before you landed?!

May I ask why? Is he still your husband? Did you ask him what happened?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sasha008 said:
I was landed as an immigrant but on that day immigration officer has issued a report under subsection 44(1) against me Because my husband had withdrawal his sponsorship before my landing and I had no information of this. but I became PR on that day so can I apply for PR Card?
You weren't allowed to land. They refused your landing because your husband withdrew his sponsorship. But you were allowed into Canada as a visitor. So you are not a PR and you cannot apply for a PR card. If you had really landed and had qualified for a PR card - it would have been sent to you automatically.

Subsection 44(1) means that a report has been filed to determine if you are inadmissible to Canada (because your husband withdrew his sponsorship before you landed). I expect that you will be called to attend a hearing with a judge at some point where they will determine if you are in fact inadmissible and have to leave Canada - or if you will be allowed to stay.

You can find more information on subsection 44(1) here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf05-eng.pdf

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
scylla said:
You weren't allowed to land. They refused your landing because your husband withdrew his sponsorship. But you were allowed into Canada as a visitor. So you are not a PR and you cannot apply for a PR card. If you had really landed and had qualified for a PR card - it would have been sent to you automatically.

Subsection 44(1) means that a report has been filed to determine if you are inadmissible to Canada (because your husband withdrew his sponsorship before you landed). I expect that you will be called to attend a hearing with a judge at some point where they will determine if you are in fact inadmissible and have to leave Canada - or if you will be allowed to stay.

You can find more information on
Thank you so much scylla for reply

Yes they asked me come to court for final decesion but no date fixed yet. I have my COPR signed by officer whuch says i became PR on that day so am I permanent resident of canada? I am so confused about this plz help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sasha008 said:
Thank you so much scylla for reply

Yes they asked me come to court for final decesion but no date fixed yet. I have my COPR signed by officer whuch says i became PR on that day so am I permanent resident of canada? I am so confused about this plz help me
The CORP was signed but then the officer withdrew your PR immediately afterwards because your husband canceled his sponsorship before you arrived in Canada.

You will have to wait until the final court decision to find out if you are a PR of Canada or not.

You cannot apply for a PR card at this time. Again, you will have to wait until the final court decision.

sasha008

Dec 11, 2012
scylla said:
The CORP was signed but then the officer withdrew your PR immediately afterwards because your husband canceled his sponsorship before you arrived in Canada.

You will have to wait until the final court decision to find out if you are a PR of Canada or not.

You cannot apply for a PR card at this time. Again, you will have to wait until the final court decision.
Thank You for the information

HeyJin

Mar 22, 2017
Just wondering, whether A44(1) is only initiated at the border or other circumstances? (Like committing offences? etc.)
Thank you guys.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

HeyJin said:
Just wondering, whether A44(1) is only initiated at the border or other circumstances? (Like committing offences? etc.)
Thank you guys.
All Inadmissibility reports are under 44(1) then linked to the inadmissibility section of the regulations.