+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is Secondary Diploma (high School graduation) in the level of Education section?

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hello All,
Can anyone put some light over the option "Secondary Diploma(High School graduation)" option under the level of education in CRS points calculation?

1. Can a person do the WES attestation for 12th grade of India?
2. Can this WES for 12th grade be used for claiming 2 points under the option 'secondary diploma(high school graduation' in CRS point calculation?

Any inputs will be appreciated.....

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Thank you for sharing this link... But there is no info about how can we get points for 12th standard certificate .. :(

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
In that case, If I want to select the second option in Education dropdown "Secondary Diploma(High School graduation)" , what proof should I submit to claim the points?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
In that case, If I want to select the second option in Education dropdown "Secondary Diploma(High School graduation)" , what proof should I submit to claim the points?
From Cdn. Gov't:
"Your report must show that your foreign credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential. If it does, you must include the result and reference number in your Express Entry profile.

If your report shows that your credential isn’t equal to a completed Canadian credential or the foreign educational institution is not recognized:

Last edited:

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
I was able to successfully complete WES for my higher secondary education done in india. Got 2 CRS points for the same.

Reactions: visatest

suman91

Jun 11, 2019
I have done 10th + 3 Year IT diploma in India, Do i am eligible for EE ? If yes then what education should i select in CRC calculation. Please help

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Yes, you can claim for bachelor degree (3 or 3+ years ) option... as your diploma is 3 year...
But the main thing is that you should get it ECA done.. Please check WES or similar organisation websites and confirm which organisation in Canada will evaluate your diploma.. once your ECA is done, you can claim the points..

Without ECA approval you will not be able to claim it..

Please check the below link for ECA:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

you can calculate your CRS points in below link to see what likely will be your total score:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, you can claim for bachelor degree (3 or 3+ years ) option... as your diploma is 3 year...
But the main thing is that you should get it ECA done.. Please check WES or similar organisation websites and confirm which organisation in Canada will evaluate your diploma.. once your ECA is done, you can claim the points..

Without ECA approval you will not be able to claim it..

Please check the below link for ECA:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

you can calculate your CRS points in below link to see what likely will be your total score:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Not sure it will be evaluated as a bachelors if it was received after grade 10. You have to wait for WES or ECA to determination me how your degree is evaluated.

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Sorry my bad... I was thinking it’s 12th std and 3 years .. in your case, you can get your diploma ECA evaluated by WES or any other agency and claim 2 points for “secondary diploma” option

Last edited:

suman91

Jun 11, 2019
Thank you for sharing the information. One more question, how long the wes or eca report is validated ?

pallaviu

May 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have read through this forum and need some help. I am thinking to apply for Canada PR and was busy calculating my points and i got stuck with this query, “which option should I select for education”.

I have done Diploma in electrical engineering (3 year full time course) after my 10th and then did Diploma in Interior designing (2 years full time course) and after that i did my 12th exam as well(as i was thinking to bachelors in UK, which i eventually dropped).

Now i am not sure if i can get points for two or more certificates diplomas or degrees.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

P

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have read through this forum and need some help. I am thinking to apply for Canada PR and was busy calculating my points and i got stuck with this query, “which option should I select for education”.

I have done Diploma in electrical engineering (3 year full time course) after my 10th and then did Diploma in Interior designing (2 years full time course) and after that i did my 12th exam as well(as i was thinking to bachelors in UK, which i eventually dropped).

Now i am not sure if i can get points for two or more certificates diplomas or degrees.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

P
Hopefully you should be get points for one or more degree or diploma ... but for that first make sure that WES or any other agencies in Canada evaluate your diplomas... you can claim points only for ECA done certificates....

So if ECA can be done for al certificates then well you can claim the points