Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
RCMP is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I don't think you can actually get one of those ;) Maybe you meant RCMP check? That's for people who've lived in Canada for 6 months or more and are applying to immigrate.
Option C is a little print out from Canada Revenue Agency that shows your income for the previous year. It's something a sponsor needs to include with the application to sponsor a family member.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need a RCMP check if I have been living in Canada for 6 months on a visa?
I am applying outland so I am just wondering.

Or does my partner need that and if so, how should he get it?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Color Me panda,

You really should read the application guide WELL. If you are the sponsor, then you will need to submit police record checks for any country you have been in (or visited) for 6 months or longer within the past 10 years.

This is places you visited for vacation, for business, for school - the reason you may have been there is irrelevant---if you were there in the past 10 years for 6 months or more, you will need a police record check from that country/city.

This is taken DIRECTLY from the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E.asp

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens have to provide:

* a valid police certificate, or
* police clearance, or
* record of no information.

These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities. When doing so, you may have to:

* pay a fee for the service, and
* provide information or documentation such as:
o photographs,
o fingerprints,
o your addresses and periods of residence in the country or territory.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada. Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I have just one correction for that:

Rasha said:
... If you are the sponsor, then you will need to submit police record checks for any country you have been in (or visited) for 6 months or longer within the past 10 years.
The sponsor does not need to do that, only the applicant supplies the police checks.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
mitamata said:
I have just one correction for that:

Rasha said:
... If you are the sponsor, then you will need to submit police record checks for any country you have been in (or visited) for 6 months or longer within the past 10 years.
The sponsor does not need to do that, only the applicant supplies the police checks.
Mitamata, I meant the applicant [typo sorry]. I had been responding to several of Colormepanda's posts and got befuddled =).