+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is Purpose of visit for International conference in College or university.

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
Experts please help me, what is Purpose of visit for International conference in College or university, for educational purpose.

i fill category as a business and get rejected.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/business-who.asp

i fill form as per information given in above link. help me which could be use full for me when i apply visa next time.

Thanks.

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hey,

Even I am planning to attend a conference and thought of entering 'business' as the purpose of visit as per the rules mentioned. Someone please help us...

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
hey i got rejection with that dont fill without discussion with consultant. i know your life and money depends upon it so dont take any chance i got rejection with only one point which is purpose of visit. so discuss it with consultant and share with me also.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Saleda,

So sad. U know me that i am only one in this forum that i told u that for conference purpose, category will be visit visa just only but u replied me at that time that i am providing u wrong information and misleading u. Now the result u can see.......................

Dear, currently i am in Canada now for conference purpose. I was also filled the category only visitor rather than business and got visa of 2 years.
Hope u can understand now.......................................Dont waste the money on consultants............. Think on ur mistake and behaviour.............

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hey waqar.ahmad150,

I have gone through the previous thread that saleda has posted. I don't think saleda was wrong in what he said. There was little bit of confusion that time which I am facing now. Since you have got the visa approved let me make the question clear. In the online application form IMM5257 for temporary resident visa, in the 'purpose of my visit' section, there is a drop down menu which has the following items: Business, tourism, short term studies, returning student, returning worker, supervisa, other. There is no option called 'visitor'. So my question here is how did you enter 'visitor' here? Did you enter 'other' here and in the explanation section enter 'visitor'? You need to make this very clear so that all of us can benefit from this. Sorry to say your explanation is very vague and many people are still confused.

The help section as saleda told is misleading which clearly says that if you are going to attend a conference you should enter the type as 'business'. So he might have gone by this help file which I was also going to do before I saw this thread. So waqar.ahmad150 or anyone who have got their visa approved for attending conference please reply and help others. Others who are just making their guesses please keep away from this thread since this one mistake can lead to our visa being cancelled.

Hope to see some clear explanation for this...

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
purpose of visit "other"--->"visitor" did not make any sense, anyone is here who could help us on this thread with explanation? Sachin did you find any reasonable purpose for the same?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
I think saleda is itself so much confused person. I again ask u saleda change ur behaviour, sense and thinking if u want to get visa.

Dear Sachin,

I was already informed to Saleda on previous thread before many months when she was interested to apply for visit visa on conference base, that if u want to get visit visa for conference then u should fill category "Others" for visitors. But she replied me at that time that i am making fool to him.
If u both (Saleda & Sachin) think that i am wrong and making u confused then spend money and hire visa consultant for confirmation of my statement.

Dear Both, i also got visit visa for conference purpose and i was written "Other" for visitor in visa form. Dear, i want to help u sincerely and others on this forum and provide all information becoz i have passed through this satge.

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hi Waqar,

I am not saying anyone is wrong. I am just confused as many people are. Since you have already got visa, I think I should do what you have done. So if I am not wrong this is what you did right? You entered 'Others' in the 'purpose of my trip' option. Then in the explanation section for others you entered 'visitor'. Let me know if I am correct?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Simply,

u will select "others" for the purpose of visit section (Conference).....................

Nibson2000

Aug 8, 2018
Dear Saleda,

So sad. U know me that i am only one in this forum that i told u that for conference purpose, category will be visit visa just only but u replied me at that time that i am providing u wrong information and misleading u. Now the result u can see.......................

Dear, currently i am in Canada now for conference purpose. I was also filled the category only visitor rather than business and got visa of 2 years.
Hope u can understand now.......................................Dont waste the money on consultants............. Think on ur mistake and behaviour.............
Hi Waqar
Pls can I ctact u by email?
thanks