+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is purpose of insurance for supervisa

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother got done her medical by paying Rs6780/ at Karachi and then they refereed for cardiologist who charged Rs2000/ for ecg and its evaluation. this was submitted and she got furtherance and iom asked her to again go to same cardiologist. He advised eco cardio and charged Rs4000/ for consulting. Now she will go for eco cardio and pay some what like Rs5500/
Can any one explain what is purpose of cardio tests when the parents are fully covered by insurance. Heart problems are not communicable disease. Or is there any misunderstanding on part of IOM and Delhi medical that this is immigration case (and not super visa). Please add your comments if you had any such experience. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Insurance doesn't typically cover pre-exisitng conditions (unless you pay extremely high premiums). So if your mother has existing heart issues and then has heart related health issues while in Canada - her insurance policy will most likely not cover any hospitalization or treatment costs related to this illness. Canada could then end up footing the bill for her treatment.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Insurance doesn't typically cover pre-exisitng conditions (unless you pay extremely high premiums). So if your mother has existing heart issues and then has heart related health issues while in Canada - her insurance policy will most likely not cover any hospitalization or treatment costs related to this illness. Canada could then end up footing the bill for her treatment.
Thanks @scylla for your prompt reply. I am sorry but I haven't read the tiny wordings of insurance contract, you mean they include wordings "if the problem preexisted then no coverage." The companies are selling the insurance like grocery and quoting price by just asking age.
Whether my mother has preexisting condition or not, this I will get checked from other hospital as well, this will give me idea how accurate the cardiologist was in first place who ordered the furtherance after interpreting the ecg.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/parent-and-grandparent-super-visa-health-insurance
Q: If I have a pre-existing condition, can I get coverage for that with visitors insurance?
A: Maybe. It depends on the pre-existing condition, and the terms and conditions of the policy. Some insurance companies offer plans that cover pre-existing conditions as long as they have been stable for a certain period of time (usually 6 months) before departure from your home country. Sometimes, pre-existing conditions will not be covered. It is important to read your entire policy to make sure you are aware of the definitions affecting coverage, as well as the possible exclusions that may apply.

Only some of the available plans will cover pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, highblood pressure, heart conditions, etc. Other policies, while they do cover stable pre-existing medical conditions, use strict eligibility questions to screen out applicants (for example, no coverage available if you use an ICD (pacemaker), oral steroids for lung conditions, diagnosis of stroke, blood clots, congestive heart failure or heart murmur in past 12 months, etc.). For a direct comparison of the exclusions concerning pre-exisiting medical conditions, click here to compare policy wording and stable periods.If you have any questions about your pre-existing conditions and obtaining coverage, please contact us.

JESUS2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi nehamerchant

any updates on ur application? my mom reached safely on 24 june 2015..

everything will be alright....god bless u!!!!!

jesus 2014