YDeep1992

Jul 19, 2017
Gananoque
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
GANANOQUE
NOC Code......
hello,i am a Canadian PR and sponsoring my spouse, i have collected all the documents ( passports,marriage proofs, relation proofs,account statements, job letter) and filled(and signed) all the forms from the checklist of my county. But i have no clue where to start application ? do i have to start online or i just pay fee online and send all paperwork to the address provided on cic website. please help? thank you

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi!

I would advise you to start here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

This link provides you with a guide of exactly what forms you (sponsor) and your spouse (principal applicant) need to fill in and where you need to send your application. It's very important that you fill in all the required forms (if you need help with any questions, the guide goes through each form) and make sure you put them together in the right order and no information is missing.

Do not just send what you already have to the address on the CIC website, as you'll see in the guide there are actually two addresses, one in Ontario and one in Nova Scotia. You need to ensure you send it to the right one for your situation. If you send in your application and it's not to the specifications outlined in the guide you will get the application returned and have to resubmit.

Hope this helps!