+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is next after submitting Medical Exam?

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

My wife submitted her Medical Exam for Spouse Sponsorship in Oct 30, 2018 and it was received!

May we know what is next? How long till we know the result if she will get her PR Status?

Thank you! Happy New Year!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  6. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  7. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  8. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  9. Medical Exam Result
  10. Passport Request (PPR)
  11. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the visa office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process from AOR to completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game

Reactions: that90sguy

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  9. Medical Exam Result
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the visa office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process from AOR to completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game
Sorry to interrupt and Thanks 4 guiding him. Wakki then my stage is at 80%? or less? Do you think interview is waived since BGC started mid DEC, timeline is below. I remember you gave me courage in the past :) Just curious..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
check through your online account.......your application Interview status.....if interview is not required the message will be....."you do not need an interview, we will send you a message if this changes".

if interview is required, the message on your application status will indicate.....if background check has started, its very unlikely you will need an interview.....however, IRCC reviews your application at every stage so just keep chaecking your application status for any updates.

background check has started or completed if the status message is...."Background Check: “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks WAKKI for quick reply. Here is a copy paste of GCKEYS:_
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. [[This was "We have not started your background check yet, will tell you when we start this"]]
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As per phone call made she said you both have passed CRIM CHECKS, BUT >>security is due. Did not tell anything more
Thanks in advance ; waiting 4 your reply just curiosity sake please :)

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
  9. Medical Exam Result
Thank you for your quick reply.

I just have one more questions.

My wife Student Visa will be ended March/2019 and she has already finished her diploma

Which application can I start to download and fill for her Open Working Visa?
Is she allow to apply while waiting for her PR Application?

She is still here in Canada right now.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
S
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. [[This was "We have not started your background check yet, will tell you when we start this"]]
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As per phone call made she said you both have passed CRIM CHECKS, BUT >>security is due. Did not tell anything more
Ss (security screening) is another part that some applicants have to go through. It's a more in depth background check. I'm being told, but baby day from experience, that it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year, depending on your travel history, nationality so on. It's a wait game. When they finish, they will contact you

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.....means background check which take awhile is been processed........once background check is completed, PPR will be next.....you applied in July 2018.......your application seem to be processed fast.......assume processing takes 12 months, could be less.......patience.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply.

I just have one more questions.

My wife Student Visa will be ended March/2019 and she has already finished her diploma

Which application can I start to download and fill for her Open Working Visa?
Is she allow to apply while waiting for her PR Application?

She is still here in Canada right now.

if you are married and she is living inside Canada with you......you may sponsor her by submitting inland spousal sponsorship for PR with OWP.....for the OWP to be approved the OWP application has to be received before the Student Visa expires in March 2019.

if OWP is approved, your wife could work while waiting for PR to be approved.

your wife could also apply for Post Graduation Work Permit Program.....to have status after Student Visa expires in March 2019.

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
S

Ss (security screening) is another part that some applicants have to go through. It's a more in depth background check. I'm being told, but baby day from experience, that it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year, depending on your travel history, nationality so on. It's a wait game. When they finish, they will contact you
Thanks. But I wonder my wife(applicant) did not travel at all out of India! Why it should take 1 year for SS just for an innocent lady whose CRIM check is passed already! ANy comments?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.....means background check which take awhile is been processed........once background check is completed, PPR will be next.....you applied in July 2018.......your application seem to be processed fast.......assume processing takes 12 months, could be less.......patience.
Thanks 4 encouraging reply s life ain't so good alone , just alone :( I am trying to go live with her for 2-3 months and wonder if I would be able to bring her back in the same Airplane; that would be exciting

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thanks. But I wonder my wife(applicant) did not travel at all out of India! Why it should take 1 year for SS just for an innocent lady whose CRIM check is passed already! ANy comments?
I did say UP TO and if she didn't travel it should be significantly less time.. No one knows how cic determines how they choose ss applicants, or how long it will take.. You just need to be patient, you will hear when you hear. Also, your processing office does not conduct the ss check. It's sent to a third party, so if you ask your office your long, the will tell you "no idea" :( patience is the babe of this game :( we just started our ss in October. I'm hoping for only 6 months! Lol

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
if you are married and she is living inside Canada with you......you may sponsor her by submitting inland spousal sponsorship for PR with OWP.....for the OWP to be approved the OWP application has to be received before the Student Visa expires in March 2019.

if OWP is approved, your wife could work while waiting for PR to be approved.

your wife could also apply for Post Graduation Work Permit Program.....to have status after Student Visa expires in March 2019.
We are not officially married. She is my Common in Law Partner for over 3 years now.

So I'm a bit confuse where to start off.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
your common law partner submitted her Medical Exam for Sponsorship in Oct 30, 2018 and it was received.....so you now have to wait for eligibility assessment and background check to be completed before passport request.

She is still here in Canada right now......if her sponsorship was inland sponsorship and did not include OWP application......you can still submit the OWP application before her Student Visa will be end in March 2019.....You can submit your application for an open work permit together with your application for permanent residence, or after you apply.

Reactions: WilsonC