+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is needed at the US/Canada border?

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
They shouldn't give him problems at the border to get thru with the car with his 2 month permission to have it outside the country, right?

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds like the two months restriction is imposed by the owner of the car, not the government, so the border official will not care about that at all.

You do however need to look into how long you can drive with a US registration within Canada from a legal point of view.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ok thanks, yes it is separate (the lender's permission limit) from immigration, but I still worry about them giving him troubles. Hopefully they won't be suspicious and they will allow him to land and get thru with his things and the vehicle even though he doesn't own the vehicle and has a limited permission to take it out of the country. He won't be importing obviously. I just don't want them to think that he is planning to keep the car here illegally etc. and hoping they let him thru. We just need to get his things thru.

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bunny82 said:
Ok thanks, yes it is separate (the lender's permission limit) from immigration, but I still worry about them giving him troubles. Hopefully they won't be suspicious and they will allow him to land and get thru with his things and the vehicle even though he doesn't own the vehicle and has a limited permission to take it out of the country. He won't be importing obviously. I just don't want them to think that he is planning to keep the car here illegally etc. and hoping they let him thru. We just need to get his things thru.
To be sure you can always bring a copy of the contract with you that gives you permission to take the car outside the country for 2 months...