+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is my final option?

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
Hi all,
I have flights booked and no sign of my PR or my PRTD
Has anyone been in this situation?
I would like to buy more time but flights to return/change to get us back for start of school are coming up close to $6000 for my 2 children and myself (and that’s if the prtd even gets through?!)
I’ve tried so many numbers - webforms- why can’t I just get an ETA to fly with?
I hold an Australian passport - my children are fine on Canadian passports.
I’m running out of time - any help or advice? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I would like to buy more time but flights to return/change to get us back for start of school are coming up close to $6000 for my 2 children and myself (and that’s if the prtd even gets through?!)
[/QUOTE

As a PR you don’t qualify to travel on an ETA. You can try to include proof of your flight to the office processing your PRTD although no guarantees.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
PRs do not qualify for an eTA. This option is impossible.

As previously discussed, your other option is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border.

Reactions: Mekalie

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
Hi all,
My PRTD application has been in process since 28 June. I had to submit full copy of passsport 1 July and I have submitted another web form with my travel Itinerary and on Sunday I submitted a web form. I have already booked flights from Australia to Vancouver, Canada and completely stressed about rebooking a flight to Seattle. So happy to say I received an email today requesting my passport. My most recent webform included a full copy of my Canadian citizen husband, reason for urgent travel and also more evidence why I was accompanying my husband to Australia. None of this was requested but I was hoping by giving more information and detail this might help progress my application. And two days later I received my request letter I hope this helps and I hope you hear back soon. When did you apply?

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
I applied July 8 via the permanent resident portal online - uploaded all asked for documents including emergency letter from doctor of why I needed to travel to Australia - I would like to include my itinerary but now that it is submitted I am unable to amend or view it - it seems blocked out when I try to click link. Which makes me think it hasn’t been received or processing started - I think this is my frustration. I’m not sure if I should have applied in paper but I had both options and this seemed faster as I live in Brisbane and nearest VAC is in Sydney.
Thanks for your response!

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
My PRTD application has been in process since 28 June. I had to submit full copy of passsport 1 July and I have submitted another web form with my travel Itinerary and on Sunday I submitted a web form. I have already booked flights from Australia to Vancouver, Canada and completely stressed about rebooking a flight to Seattle. So happy to say I received an email today requesting my passport. My most recent webform included a full copy of my Canadian citizen husband, reason for urgent travel and also more evidence why I was accompanying my husband to Australia. None of this was requested but I was hoping by giving more information and detail this might help progress my application. And two days later I received my request letter I hope this helps and I hope you hear back soon. When did you apply?
how did you apply for yours? Where did you submit this to? I am using the portal - navigated via the cds VAC site (navigated from IRCC site- I feel like I keep going around and around)

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
PRs do not qualify for an eTA. This option is impossible.

As previously discussed, your other option is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border.
i have changed our flights to buy more time at a decent cost andlanding just before school starts - I have family that will look after us here with the extension to our visit. I just hope the prtd will happen soon

Reactions: scylla

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
How long were you waiting until it was received and the processing started? It looks like mine is just submitted and no one has got to it yet

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
How long were you waiting until it was received and the processing started? It looks like mine is just submitted and no one has got to it yet
I applied online via the Canada govt website Permanent Resident portal. It still shows Submitted and the View button is greyed out, unable to click on the button despite receiving my request letter. The only way I knew it was received and review had started was I received an email request for a full copy of my passport, 2 days after I had applied. the couple of times I used the webform they responded via email response ‘The file is now under review by the Migration Officer’

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
I applied online via the Canada govt website Permanent Resident portal. It still shows Submitted and the View button is greyed out, unable to click on the button despite receiving my request letter. The only way I knew it was received and review had started was I received an email request for a full copy of my passport, 2 days after I had applied. the couple of times I used the webform they responded via email response ‘The file is now under review by the Migration Officer’
That was quite fast the response you got - I have checked my emails nearly every day - nothing …
Where do I locate the web form you mention?
Thanks for your help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People need to account for processing time. Most will not get a PRTD within a week or two. Always best to wait until you have a PRTD before booking a flight. It is now possible to start the PRTD application process while in Canada before any travel.

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
That was quite fast the response you got - I have checked my emails nearly every day - nothing …
Where do I locate the web form you mention?
Thanks for your help!
It’s the IRCC web form: Contact us online.

I clicked on tell us more, and selected buttons Permanent Residence , outside Canada, Australia - Sydney - then it took me to a webform where I selected Permanent Residence in Canada - I entered my enquiry and uploaded any documents.

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
I derstandable
People need to account for processing time. Most will not get a PRTD within a week or two. Always best to wait until you have a PRTD before booking a flight. It is now possible to start the PRTD application process while in Canada before any travel.
completely understand. I was not aware it could be started from Canada before leaving so that is helpful perhaps for others who may be in similar circumstances. Sadly, no good this round for me!

Reactions: babysharkiy

Mekalie

Jul 28, 2023
Thank you
Will try this avenue also!

It’s the IRCC web form: Contact us online.

I clicked on tell us more, and selected buttons Permanent Residence , outside Canada, Australia - Sydney - then it took me to a webform where I selected Permanent Residence in Canada - I entered my enquiry and uploaded any documents.
!