+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is LMO all about?

Mann Cgal

Sep 12, 2012
Hi all

I am working as a Sales Rep at Bell Store. I have my work permit till August 23, 2013. I was wondering, in case, if I am not able to complete my 1920 hours, what can help me to retain in Canada. I am working hard to complete these hours but I want to be sure of my back-up plan.

My employer is interested to retain me and have agreed for the LMO.. The problem is that I am bit clueless about how LMO works. What should I be sure of?

Can anyone please tell me the basics and the things I should be aware of/careful about LMO.

And also about the important documents I need (pay stubs and all) for applying for SINP, or LMO.. or whatever is essential to be saved!

Thanks in Advance!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
An LMO (Labour Market Opinion) is a letter from HRSDC that basically says your employer can hire you because it would not be taking a job away from someone else already legally in Canada (Citizen or PR).

Start here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/fwp_forms.shtml

Note: YOU don't apply for the LMO, the employer does so. It's mostly about paperwork, but it may also require proving the position has been advertised and they cannot find anyone else to fill it.

Good luck!

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Mann Cgal said:
Hi all

I am working as a Sales Rep at Bell Store. I have my work permit till August 23, 2013. I was wondering, in case, if I am not able to complete my 1920 hours, what can help me to retain in Canada. I am working hard to complete these hours but I want to be sure of my back-up plan.

My employer is interested to retain me and have agreed for the LMO.. The problem is that I am bit clueless about how LMO works. What should I be sure of?

Can anyone please tell me the basics and the things I should be aware of/careful about LMO.

And also about the important documents I need (pay stubs and all) for applying for SINP, or LMO.. or whatever is essential to be saved!

Thanks in Advance!

And, do not expect at all a positive LMO for a job like Sales Rep.