+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is failed to approve residency

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I am applying soon fot citizenship, and I have recently seen many people saying that they were issued a RQ and failed to approve residency.if they have our records for entering and exit the country why would they ask those questions

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Joe Joe said:
I am applying soon fot citizenship, and I have recently seen many people saying that they were issued a RQ and failed to approve residency.if they have our records for entering and exit the country why would they ask those questions
Please read this helpful link to understand who gets RQ:

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/about-2/rq-faq/

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Joe Joe said:
Burden of proving presence in Canada is on the applicant.

While IRCC has access to other evidence relevant to an applicant's time in Canada, such as CBSA travel history, IRCC uses that information to check against what the applicant submits. Thus, it is mostly used to see if the applicant's information is inaccurate or there are omissions.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I think full-employed with professional job with full tax history, will not be RQ easily, right?