+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is course by course eca report vs document by document in WES ECA ?

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

i have done my masters of computer applications directly after 12th. it is a 5.5 years course and is like Bachelors of Computer applications (BCA) + Masters of computer applications (MCA ). we get seperate degrees for BCA(After 3 years) and MCA(after 2.5 years). i have done my ECA and it has come out as Canadian Equivalency:
Bachelor's and master's degree

my first question is as per skill transferiblity in order to claim 50 points (apart from CLB 9) we need to have 2 or more post secondary degrees one of which after 3 or more years. in my case i satisfy this requirement. how would CIC determine this ? will they check my semester sheet or do i need to upgrade my ECA report - i recently visited wes site and found that their is option of upgrading your report for course-by course report. do i need this guys or will my existing report will suffice. Please help me as i'am quite tensed because of this. Thanks in advance.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
gurpreet.asrgndu said:
hi guys,

i have done my masters of computer applications directly after 12th. it is a 5.5 years course and is like Bachelors of Computer applications (BCA) + Masters of computer applications (MCA ). we get seperate degrees for BCA(After 3 years) and MCA(after 2.5 years). i have done my ECA and it has come out as Canadian Equivalency:

my first question is as per skill transferiblity in order to claim 50 points (apart from CLB 9) we need to have 2 or more post secondary degrees one of which after 3 or more years. in my case i satisfy this requirement. how would CIC determine this ? will they check my semester sheet or do i need to upgrade my ECA report - i recently visited wes site and found that their is option of upgrading your report for course-by course report. do i need this guys or will my existing report will suffice. Please help me as i'am quite tensed because of this. Thanks in advance.
I think you're fine, bachelors is assumed as a 4-years degree in Canada

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA2133 said:
I think you're fine, bachelors is assumed as a 4-years degree in Canada
Thanks AAA2133. I beleive i am good to go but still want to go prepared. i visited WES website and there was this option of Upgrade your ECA report to course by course. upon further research i found out that they have 2 types document-by-document and another course-by-course. this is causing my confusion regarding difference between the two.

also if you go to wes canada and check a sample report (i checked after selecting country India) the canadian equivalency is written as : Bachelors (4years). however in my report they havent written number of years. i am wondering why.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
gurpreet.asrgndu said:
hi guys,

The FSW package on WES selects document by document service by default so I would suggest you to stick to it.. moreover since u have already received Canadian equivalency of a bachelors and masters u should be able to score points under skill transferability factors as it requires 2 or more post secondary programs (which is quite clearly proven by ur bachelors and masters).

Since this is a unique situation I would suggest you to add additional supporting docs in ur application to prove that the 5.5 years that u spent were for 2 different courses...

However, the best option is to contact CIC to understand if they will recognize these 5.5 years as 2 courses or one..

Jun 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi guys,

Hi Gurpreet,

Are you still active on this forum. I have also done MCA integrated (BCA+MCA 5.5 years course) from GNDU, Amritsar. I need some urgent help from you to complete my ECA application with WES on which I have received some weird update, probably due to the wrong selection of credential in it for the BCA+MCA integrated course. Would you be able to help me a bit here.