Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
visheshmalhotra13 said:
Dear Qorax,

Quite helpful information you always provide. I have a query. I have an interview on 29th of July before meds and PPR. I am uncertain as to what it might be for. Please give some tips for this interview. There was no verification call made to me or my past employer.
The requirements for the Interview would be listed in the Interview Letter. Check it, there would be certain original docs that u have to bring along when u come to the CHC for it. That'd provide u a fair idea reg. why they called u.

This is a b/ground check interview. Your VO must have some concerns reg. your Quals, Exp or your Marriage.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jada said:
Qorax, when is lock in date? When e-cas changes to "Received at visa office?" or at the expiration of the 120 days deadline?
The lock-in date is the day your Initial Application reaches the CIO-NS. Unless it got returned back due to improper filing &/or keeping blanks.

Qorax

V

visheshmalhotra13

Dear Quarx,

There is no specification as such but they have asked for the documents i originally submitted and some of them are in original, like my employment letters, ielts, etc. I am unsure what is there left. Following is the detail:

. completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedules 1 and 3 and the Additional Family Information
form (IMM5406) for yourself. These forms are available on CIC's website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp. You must bring supporting documents in
original for all new information on your application for which you have not already submitted evidence.
. completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedule 1 and the Additional Family Information form
(IMM5406) for your spouse and each dependent child 18 years of age and over irrespective of whether they are
accompanying you to Canada or not.
Immigration Section-Service de l`lmmigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri-PO Box 5209-New Delhi 110021-India www.india.gc.ca
Dear MALHOTRA VISHESH,
. conclusive proof of your claimed level of proficiency in English and/or French. This can be in the form of
language test results by an approved organization or a written submission supporting your claimed level.
In addition, you must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your
application:
. Original individual passports for each family member included in the application, regardless of age;
.Six photos, as per the enclosed instructions for each person included in your application;
.Height and eye colour information for all eligible dependants as per the enclosed form;
.If you applied more than 12 months ago you must bring a current Police Certificate for you and all eligible
dependants over 18 years of age. This Police Certificate must be issued either by a Senior Superintendent of
Police or, if issued by a Regional Passport Office this Police Certificate will only be valid if issued within one
year from the date your passport was originally issued.
You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each person included in
your application together with certified translations into English or French:
. Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case; if not already submitted
. Degrees, diplomas, mark sheets (or other documents confirming educational status);
. Employers' references/appointment letters with detailed information on duties performed, salary slips from
your current and previous employments, provident fund receipts, Form 16, and evidence of vocational training
and apprenticeship of training for yourself;
. Proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the past one
year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name. If you have validated
arranged employment, this does not apply to you.
. If you plan to have your dependents accompany you to Canada or to join you within the validity date of the
visa, processing fees for all dependents must be paid before the interview. We recommend that, if you have not
paid the fees, you send them immediately by the fastest means. Should the fees not be paid prior to the interview,
no credit will be given for your spouse in the IRPA assessment. Fees are payable by bank draft or certified
cheque only. Cash is not accepted.
. If you have relatives in Canada willing to assist you, you must provide proof of how you are related at the
interview. Affidavits are not acceptable as proof. You must produce original all necessary birth certificates or
other civil documents that prove the way that the person is related to you. Should you not provide such proof, no
points will be awarded for the relative.
. If your marital status has changed since you submitted your application. If you were divorced, you must bring
the divorce petition and certificate. If you were married, you must bring the marriage certificate, wedding
photos, photos of you together after the wedding (e.g. outings). Each of you must also complete spousal
questionnaire that is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.PDF. Please ignore the
fact that the title refers to 'sponsor'.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
qorax said:
The lock-in date is the day your Initial Application reaches the CIO-NS. Unless it got returned back due to improper filing &/or keeping blanks.

Qorax
If that is the case then my lock-in date was May 21st 2009 and my case has exceeded 12 months. :eek: My visa office has never replied any of my queries, 3 so far. I've been "In Process" since April 28 2010. What action can I take to find out what's going on apart from waiting?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jada said:
If that is the case then my lock-in date was May 21st 2009 and my case has exceeded 12 months. :eek: My visa office has never replied any of my queries, 3 so far. I've been "In Process" since April 28 2010. What action can I take to find out what's going on apart from waiting?
Infrequent emails to your VO, probably once in 20-30 days. Sometimes thru their direct email ID, while sometimes using the CIC Web Form.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Qorax I have sent mail through their direct email addy and using CIC web form,no replies. I even got frustrated and tried london cic web form and got a reply in 3 days. I have never received a reply from my VO. I've been waiting patiently but I think this is getting outrageous.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jada said:
Qorax I have sent mail through their direct email addy and using CIC web form,no replies. I even got frustrated and tried london cic web form and got a reply in 3 days. I have never received a reply from my VO. I've been waiting patiently but I think this is getting outrageous.
Yeah, I understand. The gestation period till Meds is really a killer!
But, unfortunately there's nothing much we can do but to [just] wait.

D

drgladiator

GOD BLESS qoraX...I AM CURIOUS ARE U A MALE OR FEMALE?

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
Qorax is indeed a big help and a moral booster for all of us.

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
dear sir
nicely explained. but I have one question here I got the letter from CHC stating that if " You will not hear anything from us by 16th august 2010 then you r free to contact us". till today i haven't heard any thing from them. so please advise me what should i do? What should my BFd.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
srmo said:
dear sir
nicely explained. but I have one question here I got the letter from CHC stating that if " You will not hear anything from us by 16th august 2010 then you r free to contact us". till today i haven't heard any thing from them. so please advise me what should i do? What should my BFd.
Probably your b/ground checks r yet On & u have got another BF'D in the process. Which'd be about a month++ ahead.

Qorax

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
qorax said:
Probably your b/ground checks r yet On & u have got another BF'D in the process. Which'd be about a month++ ahead.

Qorax
Dear Qorax
In my second AOR they have mentioned that ''it is a 12 months process and if You do not not hear anything from us till 8 months, then you r free to contact us.
What do u say, is it a routine pattern of the 2nd AOR?

Hinna

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011
hinnajamal said:
Dear Qorax
In my second AOR they have mentioned that ''it is a 12 months process and if You do not not hear anything from us till 8 months, then you r free to contact us.
What do u say, is it a routine pattern of the 2nd AOR?

Hinna
Hi

You meant this question for Qorax, but I thought I could quite easily answer this one. So..

The AOR from your Visa Office is a generic mail; usually only photocopied or printed from a single template, with your file number and the date added. So, the waiting times reported are only average processing times at your Visa/Office.

I hope that your Visa Office contacts you soon.

Goodluck //