+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is BF'D ? --EXPLAINED >>>

belbob

Feb 19, 2011
Hi Qorax

Canada Embassy Manila (CEM) required me to submit Singapore Police Clearance (SPC) and stated on the letter that it should be received on or before 07 July 2013, within 60 days, and it should be coming from Singapore Police Department (SPD). Last 12 July 2013 I received the Singapore Police Clearance and I immediately emailed Singapore Police Department If the one I received was my personal copy, the reply was It was mailed to my home address, it was then I realized that I have mistakenly write my home address instead that of CEMs. Yesterday I mailed the clearance to CEM and I apoIogized. My questions are:
1)How will it affect my application that said clearance came from me instead from SPD?
2) When will they process my papers since the submission was delayed, required was 07 July, 2013 and submitted just yesterday (per courier, will be received by CEM after 2 days) say they'll receive 17 July 2013, based on BF'D.

FSW- PNP
15 Mar. 13 – RPRF Sent
09 Apr. 13 – Ecas – Medical received
15 Apr. 13 – Ecas – in-process
08 May 13 – .SG Police Clearance required
15 July 13 – Police Clearance Sent to CEM

Thank you very much :)

Reactions: sososuku

belbob

Feb 19, 2011
Hi Qorax,

In addition to above, Singapore Police replied to my email that they refer to the preceding mail, and they are sending the Certificates to the residential and postal addresses as they do not want any misplaced or loss of mail. ???
anyone here experienced the same?

neerajsood

Nov 12, 2012
MY BF'D is 15th May 2015....What Does This Mean

Hi,

I am june 2010 case under NOC 4131 and got medicals on 8th November 2012. My son who is already in Canada has got his medicals done from there only and now still waiting for DM since last 8.5 months got GCMS notes which says medicals not received for son in Canada which we got verified were sent to ottawa office by the concerned doctor well in time. Now the surprising thing is that my BF'D is 15th May 2015 . Does that mean I will have to wait till 2015 without my passports Medicals will expire too.. Any help will release our pressure thanks.

Neeraj Sood

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Re: MY BF'D is 15th May 2015....What Does This Mean

neerajsood said:
Hi,

I am june 2010 case under NOC 4131 and got medicals on 8th November 2012. My son who is already in Canada has got his medicals done from there only and now still waiting for DM since last 8.5 months got GCMS notes which says medicals not received for son in Canada which we got verified were sent to ottawa office by the concerned doctor well in time. Now the surprising thing is that my BF'D is 15th May 2015 . Does that mean I will have to wait till 2015 without my passports Medicals will expire too.. Any help will release our pressure thanks.

Neeraj Sood
@neerj,
in my opinion, you have to wait until May 2015, as they mentioned in the BFD, only rarely cases they can open your file early prior to BFd.
now try to send them CSI, and disturb them so that they will open your physical file from the Store where they kept unnecessary files data.
medical cna be re-medical but I can not understand your passports? passports r still with VO... surprising case.

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
qorax said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax

Wonderful information Qorax. I have Just done medical. Within this week I will send the details with Medical Reports.

Target2013

sumitgajjar

Aug 25, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
Doc's Request.
29-09-2010
IELTS Request
With docs
File Transfer...
26-03-2012
Med's Request
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2013
How can I know my bf'd date?

sumitgajjar

Aug 25, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
Doc's Request.
29-09-2010
IELTS Request
With docs
File Transfer...
26-03-2012
Med's Request
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2013
haral said:
By ordering Caips or GCMS notes (whichever are applicable)
Means I have to send mail to CHC regarding this? Plz explain...

alibabba

Oct 21, 2013
Hi Qorax,
Please explained my son GCMS notes under sponsorship application
there is no BF'D??????
APPLICATION:
Created Date: 2011/08/10 10:24:11
Created By:
Updated Date: 2013/08/28 05:06:51
Updated By:
Primary Office: Islamabad Secondary Office:
App #:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Rec'd Date: 2011/06/15
Rec'd Via: Mail
Lock-In Date: 2011/06/15
Category: FC3
Sub Category: Group Name: WVR
Group #: 1-ytrybvcr
Special Program(s): Correspond Lang: English Interview Lang: English Interpreter Required:
Cost Recovery: Complete RPRF: Complete Overpayment: No Restricted Notes: No
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: In Progress
Securit) HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
Office: Islamabad
Paper File #:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To: BLANK
Assigned By: BLANK
Due Date:??????????(NO DUE DATE)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
alibabba said:
Hi Qorax,
Please explained my son GCMS notes under sponsorship application
there is no BF'D??????
APPLICATION:
Created Date: 2011/08/10 10:24:11
Created By:
Updated Date: 2013/08/28 05:06:51
Updated By:
Primary Office: Islamabad Secondary Office:
App #:
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Rec'd Date: 2011/06/15
Rec'd Via: Mail
Lock-In Date: 2011/06/15
Category: FC3
Sub Category: Group Name: WVR
Group #: 1-ytrybvcr
Special Program(s): Correspond Lang: English Interview Lang: English Interpreter Required:
Cost Recovery: Complete RPRF: Complete Overpayment: No Restricted Notes: No
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: In Progress
Securit) HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
Office: Islamabad
Paper File #:
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To: BLANK
Assigned By: BLANK
Due Date:??????????(NO DUE DATE)
sometimes they are hiding due date. there must be any due date but they have hided the date. if u will check the same page right side top corner u will find some figues like s.15 or S.21(1) etc.
under these sections they are hiding some info. do not worry, it means they are working on your file specially for the security Back Ground checks (BGC) in process.

alibabba

Oct 21, 2013
ON top right corner S.15(1)
this is my 5th GCMS notes with no bf
BF'D on all previous GCMS notes
BF'D maybe only for eligibility or decision
the application is now final stage
and officer make a decision on his application whether approved or not
No one reporting about missing BF date on this form
BF'D date on security YES
BF'D date on criminality YES
NOTES: 3 s.16(1)(c)
Created Date: 2013/06/20
Created By: xxxxxx
Updated Date: 2013/06/20
Updated By: XXXXXX
Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: Islamabad Text: (hidden)
1st GCMS s.15(1)
Application assignment:
Assigned to:
Assigned By:
Due Date:2012/01/30
2nd GCMS s.15(1)
Application assignment:
Assigned to:
Assigned By:
Due Date:2012/01/30 (SAME)
3rd GCMS s.15(1)
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To:
Assigned By:
Due Date: 2012/12/01 (changed)

Siafr

Nov 15, 2013
Dear Sir, I am a applicant from iran. My visa office is paris.
I have received my caips report. I have some question that i think you can answer them.
1. My BDEC is blank while FINDEC is 1, and also it has written visa printed: 13-11-2013, does it mean my visa is issued?
2. My BF date is RET 15-11-2015, what does this mean?
Thank you for your consideration.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I believe BF'D is replaced with Due Date under the GCMS.

BF'D was in old CAIPS system, which is now no longer used (unless in some very old, still open files).

Now it's all in GCMS so those old CAIPS terms are pretty much useless, thread should be edited/updated to remove confusion

sundya

Apr 7, 2014
hello
i received request for passport, medicals and RPRF on 19 th dec,,the deadline for submission was 2nd feb 2014...which was received by canadian high commision in 30th dec 2013..and i have not yet received any response from cic yet. the status shows in process and says medicals have been received.. any idea what may be causing the delay?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
sundya said:
hello
i received request for passport, medicals and RPRF on 19 th dec,,the deadline for submission was 2nd feb 2014...which was received by canadian high commision in 30th dec 2013..and i have not yet received any response from cic yet. the status shows in process and says medicals have been received.. any idea what may be causing the delay?
ur security bgc in process, may take 6 months, till then wait