Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Thanks for answering Sir.

You mean it will still take more time now to get my PP back?? Its already been 6 months.

Are my background checks over?
Nothing can be said... However, 6-months is over-the-top, way too delayed... u should be getting them back anytime now.

patelsb

Dec 30, 2011
hi qorax, i am a dependent children of family class parents sponsorship. my medical, pp and updated documents are submitted in june 2011 at visa office new delhi and still i didnt get anything. my 2 marksheets was requested in august and it was sent in the same month. and my father's pcc (other countries) was also sent in jan 5th 2012. any idea or any guess ?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir Qorax,

I would like to know what happens in the case where embassy is closed at bf'd date.
One of my friend has bf'd tomorrow but high commission is closed unfortunately.

Will his file be reviewed next day? or will he be given new bf'd?

Its bad news for him i'm afraid??

Thanks lot
T.

Hope for best

Jan 17, 2012
Dear QORAX

Thank you so much for you help. I just ordered my CAIPS notes for the second time. My first notes stated that my BFD was Jan 2, 2012 and second notes states that the next BFD is Jan 21 which is a Saturday.
I have applied in June 2009. Done with my medicals on Oct 25, 2011. My medicals are assessed as M01 on Nov 7, 2011, and in the only status inquiry I sent to London CHC (Jan 16, 2012) they said that my file is under routine background check. My questions
Q1: Is there any significance of having the second BFD almost 20 days after the first one?
Q2: In my caips sec crim is 1? Does this mean that my B/G check is over?

Waiting for your kind reply

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
tiarachel,

I guess they'd open it the next working day. see what Qorax says

Hope for the best,

1.the only significance apparently is they'd review the file in quick time as they have a ministerial instruction to finalize these files in a short time.

2. no idea.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
very well explained sir, simply +1 .. can't give u another before 168 hours...

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope for best said:
Dear QORAX

Thank you so much for you help. I just ordered my CAIPS notes for the second time. My first notes stated that my BFD was Jan 2, 2012 and second notes states that the next BFD is Jan 21 which is a Saturday.
I have applied in June 2009. Done with my medicals on Oct 25, 2011. My medicals are assessed as M01 on Nov 7, 2011, and in the only status inquiry I sent to London CHC (Jan 16, 2012) they said that my file is under routine background check. My questions
Q1: Is there any significance of having the second BFD almost 20 days after the first one?
Q2: In my caips sec crim is 1? Does this mean that my B/G check is over?

Waiting for your kind reply
i can answer Q2 after some reading ...it means your PCC were verified and accepted, it doesn't mean your B/G checks are over..thx

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOOD DAY EVERY ONE
I APPLIED UNDER NOC 4121 SINCE JAN, 2010. I APPLIED MY CAIPS NOTE LAST YEAR MY BFD WAS JAN 20, 2010, SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT GOT ANY MESSAGE FROM VISA POST. WHAT MAY LIKELY HAPPEN?
SEUN

Canadian Elect

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER : 12-12-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
God's time
Hi Qorax,

Just a quick question, my colleague applied for FSW visa and received his PER in December 2011. His IELTS points when he applied was 12 and total FSW points was 68. while waiting for the response from CIO, he took another IELTS exams and obtained 14points. Do you think it wise or right to send the new IELTS result to his Visa office? Also, Do you think if he apply for CAIPS note now he will be able to know when his file will be treated as per BF'D. i await your response.

Canadian Elect

Busy-Bee

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx Qorax, u're doing a great job. I now av a better understanding of BF'D, God bless u.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canadian Elect said:
Hi Qorax,

Just a quick question, my colleague applied for FSW visa and received his PER in December 2011. His IELTS points when he applied was 12 and total FSW points was 68. while waiting for the response from CIO, he took another IELTS exams and obtained 14points. Do you think it wise or right to send the new IELTS result to his Visa office? Also, Do you think if he apply for CAIPS note now he will be able to know when his file will be treated as per BF'D. i await your response.

Canadian Elect
-U can submit the new IELTS result. It'd be accepted & accounted.
-It's too early for u to retrieve ur CAIPS/GCMS notes.

MIDAS

Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-08-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with Doc
File Transfer...
August 2011
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Good job of enlightenment. Stay blessed

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
Qorax what happens if you fail to prove relationship to your relativd. I have stated I have an aunt but m unable to prove it.will I loose points in that category or possibly be rejected. How many points do you get for relatives????

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jo_1501 said:
Qorax what happens if you fail to prove relationship to your relativd. I have stated I have an aunt but m unable to prove it.will I loose points in that category or possibly be rejected. How many points do you get for relatives????
In such a case u'd lose ur points [5 points for adaptability]. If those 5 do not matter in ur eligibility - u have no worries.

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
qorax said:
In such a case u'd lose ur points [5 points for adaptability]. If those 5 do not matter in ur eligibility - u have no worries.
Hi Qorax! Sent you a PM... Your reply will be highly appreciated....