+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is better for FSW 3 - Buffalo or local office?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
kisunja said:
New Yorker, this was exactly my line of thinking, too! I ultimately decided in favour of my home country, but I do not know how long it will take! cause its not New Dehli... :)
Now I even regret this. I think Buffalo would have been easier for "logistical" reasons. submitting all the docs going to an interview and waiting for mail from embassy to travel accross the ocean is not exactly fun... there are people on this forum who had their applications lost by fedex!
One thing more to remember: even though Buffalo has the most qualified applications, it also has the largest quota.
Anyway fingers crossed for you and other Buffalo applicants! Let us know when you hear from them.
You'll not have an interview - Looking at the current situation, you should have selected Buffalo as it is very fast for In-Canada applicants especially after Nov 28th applicants.

But who knows what will happen next.

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
NewYorker said:
You'll not have an interview - Looking at the current situation, you should have selected Buffalo as it is very fast for In-Canada applicants especially after Nov 28th applicants.
But who knows what will happen next.
Hey New Yorker - you are saying something I REALLY like to hear, but where do you take the info from? I dont think for FSW applications processing in Buffalo is faster for people who are currently in Canada than for people who are currently in US...Or, do you mean CEC class? They are not FSW, and as a current international student (without completed degree in canada) I dont think kisunja would qualify for CEC...
In fact, as long as I know, not even one FSW application submitted after Nov 28 (in fact, even after October 2008) to Buffalo has been processed yet, has reached medical request stage or even has been sent to another US office "to facilitate processing".
If you know any other information, please share, I would LOVE to be wrong!

kisunja, according to your nickname I think I can guess your home country office, and taking it into the consideration I think Buffalo would still be a better choice - but I can be wrong, of course.

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
barabashka_ said:
kisunja, according to your nickname I think I can guess your home country office, and taking it into the consideration I think Buffalo would still be a better choice - but I can be wrong, of course.
Barabashka, I am new to this forum. Why do you think Buffalo would still be a better choice??

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
sk.aggarwal said:
barabashka_ said:
Barabashka, I am new to this forum. Why do you think Buffalo would still be a better choice??
Well...if I have guessed the country of origin of kisunja correctly (which also happend to be the country I have been born and raised), everything there tends to be unpredictable, including processing times of anything. Also, there are no current reports on trackitt, so no way to know current processing times from there...
I can be wrong, its just my opinion.