+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is best for paying processing fees?

SuperSham

Jul 26, 2010
Hi there again guys

I would like to thank again anybody who has answered any questions i have asked before.

I have a few more that i need answering if anybody could oblige me...

Firstly, I am planning on doing an Outland application from South Africa.

The Consulate website has the following info posted regarding methods of payment

"Bank drafts or bank-issued cheques in Canadian dollars, are also acceptable, but must be payable to "The Receiver General for Canada". In addition, cheques drawn in Canadian dollars from a bank must list a Canadian bank as the paying bank.

Canadian dollar cash (exact change only) is also acceptable. No personal cheques, corporate cheques, credit cards or other forms of payment will be accepted."

I do not quite understand this, would i need to go to a bank here in South Africa and just ask them to issue me with a cheque in Canadian dollars? Also i'm not quite sure what a bank draft is...anybody?

or do i pay the fees to the consulate here in SA to get a payment receipt and then inlcude that in the package?

Secondly, My wife is pregnant and the baby will be born by the time we need to to move to canada(pending a successful app of course!). Do we need any paperwork for the baby to get into Canada if the mother is a Canadian born citizen?

Many thanks guys!

Shamil

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just go to any Bank in South Africa and they will understand what a bank draft is. Bank draft is essentially a certified cheque. Or you can pay cash (no change) at the consulate to get the receipt and include it in your package.

If your child is born in South Africa or anywhere outside Canada, your Canadian wife shall get a Citizenship Card for the child and apply a child Canadian passport afterwards before you move to Canada.

SuperSham

Jul 26, 2010
THANK YOU!

Just for clarity...

Can i pay the fees online too? and print the receipt?

So Citizenship card gets applied for here in SA and then passport when we get to Canada?

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I cannot check if you can pay it online.

I think your child can get both Citizenship Card and passport at the local Canadian consulate in South Africa.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
"Bank drafts or bank-issued cheques in Canadian dollars, are also acceptable, but must be payable to "The Receiver General for Canada"
Sorry for my confusion but does this mean that someone can get a bank draft in Canadian dollars from a bank outside of Canada? How does that work?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I used to get a bank draft in Canadian dollars from a bank outside of Canada. I'm not a banker so I don't know how to explain how does it work. Sometimes, you can also get a money order in Canadian fund in your local post office. It works the same as bank draft.