+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is and where can I find the IQAS file number?

parcha

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. I recently submitted the online part of the my application to IQAS (Alberta government's education credential assessment service). In the paper application form, I'm asked for an IQAS file number. The only thing I've found out about it is marked in red in the snippet below (received by email after I contacted them, but it might also be on the website). I'm not sure if it means I should leave the file number blank and they will fill it in later, or if it means I should find it somewhere and they will confirm it's correct. I think it's the former, but I want to make sure, since I don't want to have to mail the application package twice because of some tiny error.

"Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes status updates
You will receive three email updates during the process:
  • Email 1: Your application package was received by IQAS. This email will also confirm your file number (different than the reference number generated during online application).
  • Email 2: All the academic documents sent by the issuing institution(s) arrived at IQAS. The processing time, of approximately 9-10 weeks, begins now. If your assessment requires multiple documents to be sent from different locations, this email will only be generated after all documents are received. If your academic documents arrive prior to your application you will not receive any emails until the application package is received. In this case Email 1 confirms both: receipt of application package and transcripts.
  • Email 3: The assessment process is complete. This email will include an electronic copy of your assessment. A paper copy of your assessment will be mailed to you at this stage."

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi everyone. I recently submitted the online part of the my application to IQAS (Alberta government's education credential assessment service). In the paper application form, I'm asked for an IQAS file number. The only thing I've found out about it is marked in red in the snippet below (received by email after I contacted them, but it might also be on the website). I'm not sure if it means I should leave the file number blank and they will fill it in later, or if it means I should find it somewhere and they will confirm it's correct. I think it's the former, but I want to make sure, since I don't want to have to mail the application package twice because of some tiny error.

"Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes status updates
You will receive three email updates during the process:
  • Email 1: Your application package was received by IQAS. This email will also confirm your file number (different than the reference number generated during online application).
  • Email 2: All the academic documents sent by the issuing institution(s) arrived at IQAS. The processing time, of approximately 9-10 weeks, begins now. If your assessment requires multiple documents to be sent from different locations, this email will only be generated after all documents are received. If your academic documents arrive prior to your application you will not receive any emails until the application package is received. In this case Email 1 confirms both: receipt of application package and transcripts.
  • Email 3: The assessment process is complete. This email will include an electronic copy of your assessment. A paper copy of your assessment will be mailed to you at this stage."
I have exactly the same question. Did you obtain the clarification for this?

asadabbas9

Nov 12, 2018
Hello Sir,
Issue which you faced in IQAS, I have a similar issue, can you help me in this?

I have recently filled online application for ECA report on IQAS website.

After paying the fees online, I have received confirmation via email for payment and application form.

In Application form, IQAS File number is empty, can you please help me that how can I find IQAS File Number / Reference Number?

Your expert advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Asad Abbas
+923453168503 (Pakistan Mobile Number, available over WhatsApp)

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Yes, file number should be empty, and would be generated later. Till this point, you should have only one number (I do not remember what it is exactly called). Go head and use that number.

Sam5688

Mar 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
15m
Hi Everone

I need your assistance.
I by mistake delete the email from iqas containing my reference number and cleared the trash permanently aswell. My university has attested my markheets and handed it to me in a sealed envelope. I cant send it without the refernce number and I am stuck now.

Can anyone help me by guiding how to get the refernce number. I emailed IQAS a couple of weeks back but haven’t heard from them.

I have a transaction ID Number that they had provided. Would this be suffienecnt for them to accept and process my doc…

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards
Sam

Sam5688

Mar 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Yes, file number should be empty, and would be generated later. Till this point, you should have only one number (I do not remember what it is exactly called). Go head and use that number.
15m
Hi

I need your assistance.
I by mistake delete the email from iqas containing my refernce number and cleared the trash permanently aswell. My university has attested my markheets and handed it to me in a sealed envelope. I cant send it without the refernce number and I am stuck now.

Can anyone help me by guiding how to get the refernce number. I emailed IQAS a couple of weeks back but haven’t heard from them.

I have a transaction ID Number that they had provided. Would this be suffienecnt for them to accept and process my doc…

Kind regards
Sam

Shayzee

Oct 29, 2018
Islamabad
15m
Hi

I need your assistance.
I by mistake delete the email from iqas containing my refernce number and cleared the trash permanently aswell. My university has attested my markheets and handed it to me in a sealed envelope. I cant send it without the refernce number and I am stuck now.

Kind regards
Sam
Do u have a print of your application