+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What info can CHC find out if not reported in the application form?

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
1. My cousin is preparing his application for a study permit for a diploma in graphic design. He has secured admission but his IELTS is lower than 6, so he intends not to report it to CHC. Can/Will CHC still find it out?

2. Similarly, he has a 1-year diploma from a private computer institute, which he used to secure admission. But he does not want to report this either for fear of being rejected because of over-qualification (he already has a diploma, so why another diploma). But since he already reported this to the college, can CHC find it out? Do CHC and the college exchange this kind of information?

I understand his application is not very strong (except for his very relevant work experience) and visa may be rejected, but my primary concern is whether CHC will find out info not reported on the application form and term it as "mis-representation".

JackB

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but if he does not report the diploma that means that he has been working or he has had gaps..
You have to show to chc that you have somekind of english proficiency

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hobbes said:
1. My cousin is preparing his application for a study permit for a diploma in graphic design. He has secured admission but his IELTS is lower than 6, so he intends not to report it to CHC. Can/Will CHC still find it out?

2. Similarly, he has a 1-year diploma from a private computer institute, which he used to secure admission. But he does not want to report this either for fear of being rejected because of over-qualification (he already has a diploma, so why another diploma). But since he already reported this to the college, can CHC find it out? Do CHC and the college exchange this kind of information?

I understand his application is not very strong (except for his very relevant work experience) and visa may be rejected, but my primary concern is whether CHC will find out info not reported on the application form and term it as "mis-representation".
Hi,

1. No.
2. Most likely No. If you are from India, better to hide "Private school" diploma as the same is of NO use.