+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if your inland visa renewal application approved but your are outside of Canada?

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

My case is a bit complicated but I hope someone can give me any ideal:

My PGWP extension application is just approved and I believe it would be mailed soon and would be at my door in a week or so.
now I have to renew my visa (visitor visa) because it has been expired 2 years ago - using the approved PGWP extension which I just mentioned above,
So, including the mailing time, Visa processing time and more, It will take at least a month or so for my Visa to be completed, after that I will be allowed to travel back and forward.

The thing is: I have a very urgent family issue, and I will have to be at my country in early September.

I'm expecting the Work permit to be here in a week or so and will apply for the visa immediately. I planned to fly to my country right after that, solve the family issue and meanwhile wait for the visa to be approved.

And what would happened if my visa application is approved while I'm at my country- outside of Canada? I want to fly back but the visa will be approved inland and I know they will ask for my Passport
One of my friend mentioned that wouldn't be an issue, as long as your visa is approved. But I ask around and no one have ever encountered a case like this,

Please help me :(((((