+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if the passport no. changes after renewal?

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Hello,

We had filed our application on Feb 3rd, got sponsorship approval March 1st. My passport is expiring in this year so I had sent my passport for renewal. I have got my passport back now with 10 year extension but the new passport no. is different from what I had given in my application to CIC.

Does this make a difference because my old passport no. is listed on new one?
Do I have to notify Buffalo or Mississauga about this?

Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you receive AOR from Buffalo with your file number, send them a copy of the new passport to update the file with a note stating that the PP number has changed. It's nothing to worry about.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Ok sure, yea not a biggie was just wondering whether I have to notify them or not. Will send them my copy once AOR comes along.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buffalo-toronto said:
Ok sure, yea not a biggie was just wondering whether I have to notify them or not. Will send them my copy once AOR comes along.
You don't really HAVE to. If you are approved for PR, you have to submit your passport so they will see that the number had changed. I prefer to dot the i's and cross the t's. But it really isn't a big deal. :)

georgecombey

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buffalo-toronto said:
Hello,

We had filed our application on Feb 3rd, got sponsorship approval March 1st. My passport is expiring in this year so I had sent my passport for renewal. I have got my passport back now with 10 year extension but the new passport no. is different from what I had given in my application to CIC.

Does this make a difference because my old passport no. is listed on new one?
Do I have to notify Buffalo or Mississauga about this?

Thanks.
Hi there,

Well, if your passport renewal went after your sponsorship then you have to inform the sponsor about the changes so they can do some adjustments on your application and other relevant documents. You should do it ASAP so as it won't cause delays on your application.