+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if status changes to married after ITA?

Streetw1se

Jan 9, 2019
Police certificate , medical, passport, wedding photos , marriage certificate. Etc
Do they ask for Spouse Birth Certificate? Can you please let me know what else they asked for. Also, does the spouse have to take the medical using the same application number as the primary applicant?

Opypapa

Aug 5, 2018
Hello house,
I got married last month (January) but yet to raise CSE.I have been busy putting my spouse documents together and i have successfully obatained my spouse PCC, medicals, new passport, recent photo, marriage certificate(plus name change documents),updated POF,birth certificate, wedding photos. what is left for us is to the fill the forms and make payment. my question are these:

How do i raise CSE?
Do i need to send ottawa an email?
I do need to add all these spouse document while raising the CSE or wait for ADR ?

Sap1991

Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

This conversation is regarding a thread you initiated on CanadaVisa regarding marriage after PPR.

My Details: I am an applicant for Canada PR. AOR date - 28 APril 2019. I am waiting to receive PPR now. My marriage is planned in November 2019. Now, there is a strong possibility that I receive PPR before that.

I want to get my wife's PR along with mine.

I want to understand what should I do?
Upon receiving PPR 3 months before my planned marriage date, should I inform CIC that I have my marriage planned in 3 months? What do they reply? Are they okay with holding application for 3 months?

How did it go in your case?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

This conversation is regarding a thread you initiated on CanadaVisa regarding marriage after PPR.

My Details: I am an applicant for Canada PR. AOR date - 28 APril 2019. I am waiting to receive PPR now. My marriage is planned in November 2019. Now, there is a strong possibility that I receive PPR before that.

I want to get my wife's PR along with mine.

I want to understand what should I do?
Upon receiving PPR 3 months before my planned marriage date, should I inform CIC that I have my marriage planned in 3 months? What do they reply? Are they okay with holding the application for 3 months?

How did it go in your case?
You cannot add your spouse to your application unless you are actually married. They will not add your spouse to the application if it is only planned.

Now since your AOR is the end of April 2019 so I believe you have done your medical by March 2019 (worst case scenario). Which means, even if you get your PPR tomorrow, your visa and COPR Validity will be March 2020. Validity will be 1 year after the actual medical test date.

Taking that into consideration, and that you will be married by November 2019, you can still contact them after your marriage, even if you have your Visa stamped and COPR in hand (but do not land in Canada before you get married). Once you notify them of your marriage, they will ask you to return your passport and COPR, they will process your spouse docs and then send you a new PPR and you will get a new visa and COPR

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hello house,
I got married last month (January) but yet to raise CSE.I have been busy putting my spouse documents together and i have successfully obatained my spouse PCC, medicals, new passport, recent photo, marriage certificate(plus name change documents),updated POF,birth certificate, wedding photos. what is left for us is to the fill the forms and make payment. my question are these:

How do i raise CSE?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp click tell us more and proceed.
Do i need to send ottawa an email?
What is your visa office? Send your visa office an email, in my case Ottawa was secondary but I still emailed them.
I do need to add all these spouse document while raising the CSE or wait for ADR ?
You can only raise a total of 4MB of documents when raising a CSE, which might be a mission impossible
What I did is, I have sent an email to Ottawa with all docs (20MB max) then saved this email as pdf, raised a CSE and attached the email I sent as a proof that all docs were sent to Ottawa. They replied that the docs you shared are now received by the responsible office
Please find answers inline

Sap1991

Mar 15, 2018
You cannot add your spouse to your application unless you are actually married. They will not add your spouse to the application if it is only planned.

Now since your AOR is the end of April 2019 so I believe you have done your medical by March 2019 (worst case scenario). Which means, even if you get your PPR tomorrow, your visa and COPR Validity will be March 2020. Validity will be 1 year after the actual medical test date.

Taking that into consideration, and that you will be married by November 2019, you can still contact them after your marriage, even if you have your Visa stamped and COPR in hand (but do not land in Canada before you get married). Once you notify them of your marriage, they will ask you to return your passport and COPR, they will process your spouse docs and then send you a new PPR and you will get a new visa and COPR
Thank you so much for you prompt response.

So if I have understood you correctly, Once I receive PPR, I cannot hold my application saying my marriage is planned in 3 months. I have to go ahead with the process. Once I receive CoPR, I don't do the landing. Post getting married in Nov, I inform CIC. They take back my CoPR and start my wife's process.

Last Couple of Questions:
1. If I submit my CoPR on Dec 1, how much time does it take to get the process done? When can we (me and my wife) receive the CoPR again? the avg. time duration.
2. Also, once me and my wife get the CoPR, is it okay that I land to Canada first and then my wife joins later? I heard, in such scenarios, a primary applicant can land alone initially.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Thank you so much for you prompt response.

So if I have understood you correctly, Once I receive PPR, I cannot hold my application saying my marriage is planned in 3 months. I have to go ahead with the process. Once I receive CoPR, I don't do the landing. Post getting married in Nov, I inform CIC. They take back my CoPR and start my wife's process. Exactly Contact them once you have the marriage certificate in your hand.

Last Couple of Questions:
1. If I submit my CoPR on Dec 1, how much time does it take to get the process done? When can we (me and my wife) receive the CoPR again? the avg. time duration.
There is no way to answer your question, and I suggest that you do not look for an answer to avoid disappointments. I have seen cases where adding spouse after COPR took less than a month and others waited for more than 6 months. So nobody can tell, it depends which office will process your marriage case and the details of spouse (travel history and stuff).
2. Also, once me and my wife get the CoPR, is it okay that I land to Canada first and then my wife joins later? I heard, in such scenarios, a primary applicant can land alone initially.
Yes, that's totally fine, you can land alone first and she can follow before her visa and COPR expiry.

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Yes I did . Raise CSE IRCC AND LET THEM KNOW ABOUT YOUR MARITAL STATUS. THEY WILL E-MAIL YOU BACK AND INFORM YOU ABOUT THE NEXT STEPS.
ALL THE BEST.

MY EXPERIENCE WAS AS SMOOTH AS IT CAN GET. UPLOADED ALL THE DOCUMENT'S THAT I HAD TO AND WAITING FOR THEIR REPLY.

Hi dear,

Did you add your spouse after Ppr and before landing??

Did they ask for your spouse's IELTS??

Did adding your spouse affect and change your score??

Please reply to me, thanks

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi dear

Please let me know when is the best time to legally getting married and adding my spouse,
In a way that my score doesn't affected at all and she doesn't need IELTS exam?? My current situation is e-Apr (AOR)
As far as your marriage date is after your AOR which means your application under processing or even after PPR, your score will not be affected and your spouse IELTS is not required.

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
As far as your marriage date is after your AOR which means your application under processing or even after PPR, your score will not be affected and your spouse IELTS is not required.
Really thanks for your reply.
If I add my wife after my COPR and before landing they will cancel my visa an COPR, I am aware about this matter.

But my question is how long will it take they study the documents and my wife and I new COPR issued ? And what kind of documents they ask me for??

DevvP

May 18, 2018
Hi dear,

Did you add your spouse after Ppr and before landing??

Did they ask for your spouse's IELTS??

Did adding your spouse affect and change your score??

Please reply to me, thanks
I added before landing, and no need for spouse IELTS and the score doesn't change

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Really thanks for your reply.
If I add my wife after my COPR and before landing they will cancel my visa an COPR, I am aware about this matter.

But my question is how long will it take they study the documents and my wife and I new COPR issued ? And what kind of documents they ask me for??
No one can give you the exact timeline, it is so unpredictable depending on your spouse age and history. One more factor is how quick your office is in processing the marriage cases.
I have sent them the following documents via email and then raised a CSE:
1- Updated proof of funds (POF)
2- Receipt for Payment of Processing Fee and Right of Permanent Residence.
3- 3.1- Generic Application Form
3.2- Additional Dependents imm0008depenu
3.3- Schedule A Background Declaration form IMM5669
3.4- Additional Family Information form for Principal Applicant IMM5406e
3.5- Additional Family Information form for Spouse IMM5406e
3.6- Supplementary Information for Travels IMM5562e
4. Spouse passport copy.
5- Spouse Upfront Medical information sheet.
6- Spouse Police Certificates for each country she lived in for more than 6 months after 18.
7- Marriage Certificate (Original and Translation)
8- Proof of relationship (all details about marriage including photographs)
9. Spouse Digital Photo

Best of Luck