+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if someone gets married after getting ITA or PR visa?

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I have a friend who has got ITA and already submitted passport for stamped. She was single while she applied. As being a female, her parents now want her to get married before she leaves.

So, now question is, what will happen if she gets married after getting VISA? Should she inform CIC or visa center? If so, then will the point be recalculated? In this case, if the points go down, will her status be revoked?

Any suggestion is welcome.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She must notify CIC that she has gotten married, return the PR visa that was issued to her as a single person and add her husband to her application. CIC will then take a few months to process her husband's paperwork before issuing a new visa. If she fails to do this and uses the visa that was issued to her as a single person to land, she will never be able to sponsor her husband and may have her PR status revoked for misrepresentation.

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
She must notify CIC that she has gotten married, return the PR visa that was issued to her as a single person and add her husband to her application. CIC will then take a few months to process her husband's paperwork before issuing a new visa. If she fails to do this and uses the visa that was issued to her as a single person to land, she will never be able to sponsor her husband and may have her PR status revoked for misrepresentation.
Thanks for prompt reply. But the question is, will the point be recalculated? Guessing her husband doesn't have ECA and IELTS yet. Or it is just checking her husband's background, medical and police report?

Thanks again.

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
My CRS score is 441 and I am confident that I will get an ITA soon. I am getting married in early Mar-2018. I know that if I get married after eAPR my CRS score won't be recalculated (based on below link). I have all the documents except FBI PCC. I guess I might get it sometime in Feb-2018 or worst case in Mar-2018 (which is after my wedding). My doubt is can I submit the documents I have with me right now and will it be considered as eAPR and will I receive AOR. And if I get married after that will my score be recalculated. Thank you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
My CRS score is 441 and I am confident that I will get an ITA soon. I am getting married in early Mar-2018. I know that if I get married after eAPR my CRS score won't be recalculated (based on below link). I have all the documents except FBI PCC. I guess I might get it sometime in Feb-2018 or worst case in Mar-2018 (which is after my wedding). My doubt is can I submit the documents I have with me right now and will it be considered as eAPR and will I receive AOR. And if I get married after that will my score be recalculated. Thank you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Hi Prasad,

What is your Case status, i am also in the same situation now. My wife got her ITA in Jan 2018 and she submitted all the documents in March 31 2018 (eapr), we got married on May 29 2018, and we informed CIC in Sep 2019 and they asked to submit her the marriage documents in December 2019, Jan 2020 they asked for my my medicals and feb 2020 for biometrics. Do you have any clue how much more time would it take for us to get the PPR?

Kautul

Mar 9, 2020
I have a question that will my crs score get recalculated if I marry after E-Apr? If not than my fiancé has to undergo medical and pcc documents from India right? Your reply will help me out so much , so it’s a kind request.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question that will my crs score get recalculated if I marry after E-Apr? If not than my fiancé has to undergo medical and pcc documents from India right? Your reply will help me out so much , so it’s a kind request.
No, marriage after submitting your PR app doesn't cause a recalculation.

Yes, she will need to do a medical and submit all of her docs.