+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if some one wants to travel abroad after test/interview

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Just for curiosity if some wants to travel abroad after test/interview. I have heard they retain the PR card during test. Can some one travel after test/interview. If yes how he/she will come back as the PR card is retained ?

One more question is my PR card is expiring in May 2018. They say on the website that we should apply for PR card renewal 6 months before expiry. But my citizenship application is also in process. Shall I apply for renewal of PR card in November 2017 while citizenship application is in process ?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SAZ-CAN

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013
Just for curiosity if some wants to travel abroad after test/interview. I have heard they retain the PR card during test. Can some one travel after test/interview. If yes how he/she will come back as the PR card is retained ?

One more question is my PR card is expiring in May 2018. They say on the website that we should apply for PR card renewal 6 months before expiry. But my citizenship application is also in process. Shall I apply for renewal of PR card in November 2017 while citizenship application is in process ?

Thanks in advance!!
Thanks for those question. I wanted to ask the same :)

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks for those question. I wanted to ask the same :)
Buddy as you and me have same circumstances so my own opinion is we just wait till citizenship test and not apply for PR card renewal. If we don't get anything by end of December we can apply for PR card renewal..What you think ?

Lets see other people's opinions too...

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi..I just found out that PR card is retained at Oath ceremony and not at test/interview...:)

Thanks in advance!!
The PR card is not retained during test but during the oath.
Renewing PR card should be a good thing to do just incase there are delays of any kind
If you are travelling aboard then it better if you notify IRRC of you plans

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
The PR card is not retained during test but during the oath.
Renewing PR card should be a good thing to do just incase there are delays of any kind
If you are travelling aboard then it better if you notify IRRC of you plans
Thanks steve..YEs I found out that PR card is retained at oath...I will give a renewal till end of december....yes I am fully aware to call CIRC to inform them I am going away...have a good day :)

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have applied for citizenship in March and my PR card runs out next February. I did not renew it and for me it worked out. I have my oath next Tuesday and I am currently traveling with my PR card.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I have applied for citizenship in March and my PR card runs out next February. I did not renew it and for me it worked out. I have my oath next Tuesday and I am currently traveling with my PR card.

Thanks stef for sharing this!!