+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if PGWP is going to expire but PR has not been approved yet...

lewesadam

Aug 5, 2010
Hello, I have read a couple of similar posts. I have waited for my FN for over 20 weeks and hopefully I can receive it by the end of this Month. I checked trackitt.com and found that most recently approved cases took around/over a year to get approved. So I want to prepare for the worst scenario as I saw a few cases on trackitt took over 400 days :eek: CEC processing time now seems to become much and much longer...

Therefore, I wonder what if I still have to wait for my PR right before my PGWP expires (Feb 2012). One thing is that I am not sure if LMO works for me since my current employer does not offer a permanent position but keeps extending my contract. If LMO is not feasible, is there any other way that could allow me to stay for a period of time just in case I need some time to obtain my PR. I heard someone talking about extending the stay as a visitor, and I am curious if we could easily get approved and how to apply for it.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if we can extend the PGWP without going through LMO, under the particular circumstance that we only need to wait for PR and have already completed the major application steps (e.g. passed ME, sent out passport, etc.)?

Thanks for your advice!