+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I failed to land with all my family members ?

Yemeni

Jan 21, 2012
Dear Senior,

Your opinion is needed,

After getting the visa for all my family members, and if I failed to land with all my family members and I land alone in Canada, Is this will affect the receiving of PR card or my application for citizenship in future.

Your help please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Everyone in your family does not have to land at the same time. There are however two important rules:

The principal applicant must land first (i.e. no one else in the family can land before the principal applicant - however they can certainly land at the same time as the principal applicant).

Everyone must land before their immigration visas expire.

Yemeni

Jan 21, 2012
scylla said:
Everyone in your family does not have to land at the same time. There are however two important rules:

The principal applicant must land first (i.e. no one else in the family can land before the principal applicant - however they can certainly land at the same time as the principal applicant).

Everyone must land before their immigration visas expire.
Many thanks "SCYLLA" for your immediate & kind reply.

But what if they fail to land at all, and they didn't come to Canada never, Is this will affect me as main applicant in the feature ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they fail to land but you (the principal) applicant do land - then you can sponsor them at a later date through family class. However this means you'll have to complete and submit all of the forms, paperwork, medicals, security checks, etc. again - and then wait for the paperwork to be processed.

Also, if you sponsor your family as a permanent resident (rather than a Canadian citizen), you must be living in Canada when you submit the application and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed. Occasional short trips (i.e. 2-3 weeks) out of the country are fine. Anything longer and you risk having their application rejected for failing to meet residency requirements.

Yemeni

Jan 21, 2012
scylla said:
If they fail to land but you (the principal) applicant do land - then you can sponsor them at a later date through family class. However this means you'll have to complete and submit all of the forms, paperwork, medicals, security checks, etc. again - and then wait for the paperwork to be processed.

Also, if you sponsor your family as a permanent resident (rather than a Canadian citizen), you must be living in Canada when you submit the application and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed. Occasional short trips (i.e. 2-3 weeks) out of the country are fine. Anything longer and you risk having their application rejected for failing to meet residency requirements.
OK, it is now clear know for me.

Many Many Thanks and MAY GOD BLESS YOU

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
scylla said:

Nice guideline, Sir. +1