+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I do not know my father?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
In the "Additional Family Information (IMM5406E)" form, "SECTION A", I am required to provide information (Name, DOB, Place of birth, Marital status, Present Address) for my father, I do not know my father and as such I would not be able to provide any of the information requested on the form.

Considering that I cannot provide the information requested, how do I complete the form? Can I simply write "Unkown" on the form, will that be acceptable?

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donutbox said:
In the "Additional Family Information (IMM5406E)" form, "SECTION A", I am required to provide information (Name, DOB, Place of birth, Marital status, Present Address) for my father, I do not know my father and as such I would not be able to provide any of the information requested on the form.

Considering that I cannot provide the information requested, how do I complete the form? Can I simply write "Unkown" on the form, will that be acceptable?
This is not a good story to tell....You might want to ask your mother at least his name and nationality. Since you do not know him, you can write unknown in his other details; DOB, Place of birth, marital status and current address.

I honestly believe that his name and nationality will suffice, except you want to claim that you are child from social/care homes by your mother.

Best wishes.
Olabisi

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donutbox said:

What does your birth certificate say? Use any information available there - if it has a name, use that information and try to get any other details possible (if you can't, say unknown for that info and add an explanatory note). Good luck!

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
donutbox said:

Please ask this question to Canadian High Commission, London by sending them email. They will reply you promptly. Their email address is re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Do not provide your file number, do not tell them which visa office you belong to. Just ask them as a general question and they will reply you in 7 days.

What about your passport? The last page of your passport should provide parents name. Whose name is there?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your birth certificate does not list your father, then you can write unknown.

If it does list something, write whatever it says there. If you are still missing information, ask your mother or try to find out by other means. If you can't find out but are still missing information about him, write a letter explaining that you have never known your father and that is why you can not provide all the information.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Thanks everyone for your responses, it has been helpful.

My birth cert. does not list my father's name or any other info. relating to him. I should be able to get his name and DOB from my mother though.

I will definately contact Canadian High Commission, London at email address provided above by (Gulshan Grover).

Upon reading the various posts on the forum and re-checking the new NOC list, I realize that I am no longer eligible for for FSW programme. :(:(

I am now considering my eligibility for the QSW programme as an alternative (seems like I should consider learning some French first though). :( :(

Thanks again for all your assistance though.

LibbyLubby

Star Member
Sep 20, 2009
Leicestershire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631/0632
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/09
Doc's Request.
06/04/10
AOR Received.
28/04/10
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27/01/10
Hi There

We had the same problem, My Husband who is the Principle applicant has never known his father and his mother has always refused to give him any information- don't ask me why strange woman is all I can say!! Anyway as my husband birth certificate has no details of Father 'UNKNOWN' this is exactly what we put on the forms we explained in a coving letter to CIO and our application passed that stage. It is the truth and is verified on the birth certificate so my advice is just be honest and put UNKNOWN in the areas that ask for that which is what we have done.

Hope that helps.
Liv x

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I agree with libbylubby and leon.

When the time comes to give information about your father for QSW, give as much information as you can find out and for what you don't know, write UNKNOWN. Also like libbybubby suggested write a letter to say that you don't know further information. I can't imagine this being a big deal.