Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 11th, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 14, 2015
I'm getting nervous about "landing" once I get me PR Visa.

I live so close to where I'll be moving in BC, I plan to just take my things with me in the car and drive up. My question(s) are, Can I drive up? Do I need to get any documentation for "importing" my car since I'll be keeping it in Canada? When I get there can I use the Nexus Lane like usual, or should I get in the regular lane? What do I tell the officer when I arrive?

Also, I saw on the CIC website you're supposed to make a list of everything you are bringing with you on that day as well as items coming later. Anyone have any suggestions/experience with this? Should I even try to bring all my stuff (a whole apartment full) or just bring my basics and go back and get the rest later?

Thanks! :eek:

GurpreetDhadda

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
Remedical request 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
bethanycupcakes said:

I live so close to where I'll be moving in BC, I plan to just take my things with me in the car and drive up. My question(s) are, Can I drive up? Do I need to get any documentation for "importing" my car since I'll be keeping it in Canada? When I get there can I use the Nexus Lane like usual, or should I get in the regular lane? What do I tell the officer when I arrive?

Also, I saw on the CIC website you're supposed to make a list of everything you are bringing with you on that day as well as items coming later. Anyone have any suggestions/experience with this? Should I even try to bring all my stuff (a whole apartment full) or just bring my basics and go back and get the rest later?

You should use the regular line. You would tell the Officer that you are here to do your landing. You can declare all the stuff, you are bringing in like car and others. The declared stuff can be bought later into canada.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bethanycupcakes said:

Yes you can Drive.And you need all documentation for Importing and it need Inspection in Canada for Registration. Registrar of Imported Vehicles is responsible authority for Registration of Imported Vehicles.
https://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx
Yes you need to Declare the belonging on Time of Border Crossing.It is up to you if you want to get everything you can.
this thread might help you.
http://www.atlasvanlines.ca/cross-border-moving-usa-to-canada.html

Best of luck for a Bright future in Canada.