+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens when you go to do the test?

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hi guys
when you go to do the test what happens ?

I heard that you get an interview with the officer or show documents... some say no...

can you please help with your experience?

thank you

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You need to bring the documents they tell you to bring. You check in when you arrive, wait for the test, take the test and then wait for an interview with an officer. They will examine your documents, go through every page in your passport, ask you questions about where you are living and where you are working now (Why they do this is unclear as it it should have no bearing on physical prescence for the period pertaining to your application), review your original application, ask you about extended abscences, etc. They might decide on the spot to give you an RQ or ask you to send more documents or you could get this at some point later. They might score your test right there and tell you the results or they might not.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
canmanottawa said:
so they test letter will include info about what documents they want? you have ny idea what are they in general?
yes, the test letter usually includes the documents they want. normally they ask for all the originals of the copies sent in the application, in addition to that they may ask for more proof of the continuous residence.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
I don't know why they asking people what they do at that time. Because physical presence is filled.
Maybe they check if the applicant live in canada or already moved abroad. But is there any law forbiding to get citizenship because the applicant moved outsided of canada? when he already filled all requirements.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
diniga said:
I don't know why they asking people what they do at that time. Because physical presence is filled.
Maybe they check if the applicant live in canada or already moved abroad. But is there any law forbiding to get citizenship because the applicant moved outsided of canada? when he already filled all requirements.
NO, there is no law. I suppose you could tell the officer you aren't going to answer such lines of questioning , because they are inmaterial to your application, but I doubt that ends well.