+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens when there is a time gap between the completion of courses and thesis and the graduation?

nimzyy

Aug 4, 2021
I will have my thesis defence in December 2021 and I will graduate in June 2022.

I do not have any courses or thesis to enrol from January 2022 onward until my graduation in June 2022.

My question: Would there be any changes in the conditions of study permit during the time I am waiting to graduate? For example, am I still eligible to work 20 hours a week during that time period?

kevinmcan

Oct 21, 2021
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hey! I saw your message and decided to help you deal with this issue.
Look, in the time interval between the completion and writing of exams and graduation, all the necessary documents are being prepared that are needed to solemnly present to you at the graduation. Of course, it seemed that everything was in a single folder, but everything needed to be approved by the relevant authorities and that there were permissions everywhere.
Look carefully here, in this list there may be an answer to your question that is described in much more detail - source
During this period, try to find some courses or just relax with friends, because after such a time in training, your head needs to be given a rest.

nimzyy

Aug 4, 2021
Look, in the time interval between the completion and writing of exams and graduation, all the necessary documents are being prepared that are needed to solemnly present to you at the graduation. Of course, it seemed that everything was in a single folder, but everything needed to be approved by the relevant authorities and that there were permissions everywhere.
Look carefully here, in this list there may be an answer to your question that is described in much more detail - source
During this period, try to find some courses or just relax with friends, because after such a time in training, your head needs to be given a rest.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that does not answer my question. I am on study permit and I need to find job to finance my stay until the graduation. Any other help would be appreciated.

~Nimzy

OliverG7

Jun 26, 2023
It's bullshit, my friend. If you have free time just do things that are productive for you, and make yourself a better one. It's a blessing when you have time to reflect, relax and find a path that is genuinely meaningful. Find that noble pursuit, work, enjoy, suffer, and become better. This is the essence of life!