+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if someone doesn't use a visitor visa?

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
Hello:
I just have a quick question if anyone can answer I appreciate it.

My parents applied for visitor visa (from Iran) to come visit me in Canada. The process took long so that we thought they might not get a visa. Then I decided to go visit them in Iran. After I bought my ticket, the embassy informed my parents that their visa was ready. Now, we are not sure what happens if they don't use this visa. Would it be a bad record, for their future visits when they want to apply for visa, if they have an unused expired visa?

I appreciate if someone shares their experience with me or know the rules and let me know about it.

Thanks a lot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

parpari said:
Hello:
I just have a quick question if anyone can answer I appreciate it.

My parents applied for visitor visa (from Iran) to come visit me in Canada. The process took long so that we thought they might not get a visa. Then I decided to go visit them in Iran. After I bought my ticket, the embassy informed my parents that their visa was ready. Now, we are not sure what happens if they don't use this visa. Would it be a bad record, for their future visits when they want to apply for visa, if they have an unused expired visa?

I appreciate if someone shares their experience with me or know the rules and let me know about it.

Thanks a lot
Nothing happens, people change their mind all the time.